Chapter 4

River Pov.

Maggie pulled me away from Andrea and Sam.

"You're a lifesaver!" I said thanking Maggie.

"You're welcome!" She smiled, "But guess what I heard.." I looked at her confused. "Lover boy is taking you at the top of the Ferris wheel tonight and is going to smooch you when the Lana firework goes off." I laughed at her.

"You're kidding right? Are we talking about Hayes?" I looked at her.

"Maggie!" I look to see that Alisha Marie had been calling Maggie over.

"I have to go but I'll see you tonight!" She started to walk off but she ran back to me and hugged me, "Remember this is a special day." she then walked off.

"Want some cotton candy my lady?" I turned to see Hayes standing by me.

"I would love some kind gentleman." I courtesy back to Hayes. He laughed as he wrapped his arm over me.

"Well I am gentle." Hayes said winking at me.

We went around to some rides and soon saw Zoe and Alfie cuddling up to one another on the ride we were about to go on.

I soon realised that the ride was for lovers.

We awkwardly hopped on and the ride and it started to proceed.

Hayes wrapped his arm over me and cuddled me into him through most of the ride.

Hayes and I were not dating. Though I really liked him, I knew he wouldn't like a girl like me.

Once we got off the ride I could see Kian and Nash waiting for us.

"River you're coming with me to the haunted house maze" I laughed at him.

"Hayes do you want to go to the haunted house?" I said smiling to Hayes.

"Let's go!" he spoke.

As we walked off I looked back to see Kian shaking his head at me.

When we arrived at the haunted house we saw that no one was there.

"One at a time." I looked at the tall man.

"Why can't we go together?" Hayes asked the man.

"Look kid I don't make the rules. You will be able to wait for your girlfriend at the halfway point."

I could feel my cheeks blush up when the man called me his girlfriend. I was fine for him to think we were dating until Hayes just had to ruin the moment.

"We aren't dating."

I rolled my eyes at his comment and spoke, "I'll go first!" I smiled at Hayes and proceeded to walk into the maze.

There were screams coming from every direction and flashing lights making me feel uneasy. All of a sudden I was being chased through the maze by a guy with a chainsaw.

I laughed and screamed running away from him until I was pulled off to the side by a someone in a scary clown costume.

I laughed, "Is this part of the scare or something?" I spoke but he just stared at me with his bloodshot eyes.

I started to get scared.

I slowly took a step away but he grabbed me tight.

He put his hands around my face. We stood there for a moment until he pushed me away and he ran off.

I felt uncomfortable and unsafe now

I made my way to the "Emergency Exit door".

Before I made it there, fake blood began to pour onto my face from a zombie doll.

"Great! Just great."

Once I got there and opened the door another worker was there, "Mam are you okay?" I nodded as the guy helped me clean up some of the fake blood.

"Was it that Zombie thing?" I nodded at the mans question. "I told them to take that out ages ago."

"Thanks for the help! By the way that clown should be removed it might make girls feel really uncomfortable." I let out a fake laugh pointing towards me.

"There isn't any clowns in the maze Mam."