Chapter 56

River Pov.
What a shame it would be to let them all see you unhappy. You are just looking for the attention. Cry yourself an entire ocean at night but by morning make sure the Sun shines through your teeth. Make them think you're happy.

Every night was the same.

I'd wake up crying and screaming for Hayes.

I started seeing a Psychiatrist because the boys were all very scared for me. I think I was scared for me too.

They all thought I was going crazy.

But I knew I was still sane. I was just scared.

I couldn't believe that Hayes was gone and I just waited for him to pop up out of somewhere and say that this whole thing was a prank. Then I would hate him for a solid three seconds then hug him so tight that he could barely breathe.

I longed for that.

"River, we really need you to come downstairs. I know you don' t want to leave this room but it is really important." Jc walked in and I didn't bother to argue. I followed him downstairs and once we got to the main room I saw all of the old O2L boys sitting on the chair along with Madison Beer and the two Jacks.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

No one spoke so I turned around and prepared to walk back to my room.

"Wait, River this is really important" Jc grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"What then?"

"We know you were the last one to talk to Maggie" Madison spoke first.

"Yeah and?"

"Well before we filed a missing person report we wanted to-"

"Missing persons report? She isn't missing. She just wants to get away from here" I looked everyone in the eye as my hands shook.

Jack J Pov.
She wasn't the same girl I knew anymore.

As she stood in front of us all I noticed that she folded her arms tightly into her chest like she was uncomfortable, her body shook with fear and she had her hair out which seemed to cover her face.

I didn't see River anymore.

In fact, I don't know who I saw.

"What do you mean she wants to get away? Away from what?" Madison stood up quickly.

"Relax. She doesn't want to be found so just leave it." River rolled her eyes.

Madison began walking up to her, "See River, there is a difference between you and I. First things first I actually care about the people who are put in danger." As soon as Madison said it, I knew she wanted to take it back immediately.

River looked her in the eyes and it looked like she was almost about to cry.

"She doesn't want to be found" River repeated then walked back upstairs.

"River I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it like that!" Madison stopped on the steps still turned away from her, "I just want to know she's okay."

"Well she's okay" I turned towards them both, "I hoped I helped you." She smiled.