Chapter 38

River Pov.
I got up early and made pancakes for breakfast ready for Andrea to wake up.

Just as I placed her plate on the table she came out of her room.

"River! This smells amazing!" Andrea sat at the table.

I walked to the kitchen grabbing the whip cream and juice.

"I do this for the boys sometimes." I smiled and poured her a cup of apple juice.

I sat down and we both began to eat.

"I was just going to ask you what you were doing tonight?" I spoke making conversation.

"Actually I was going to see Kian tonight and maybe sleep at the boys house tonight. I'm sure they would love you to come." Andrea stretched as she chewed a mouthful of her food.

"I was hoping Jack could come over tonight."

"Second day and you're already bringing boys over." Andrea and I both laughed. "Well I'm sure that will be fine but I don't want to see him staying here the night, okay?" She winked at me and I knew exactly what she meant.

"I won't be repeating history." I said forcing a smile while I reminded her.

"Just making sure." Andrea stood up grabbing her plate and I noticed she had finished her food. "But I'm serious River he can't stay here the night when I'm not here." She placed her plate in the dishwasher.

"Yeah, it's okay I understand." I smiled.

"Well I'm going to go get ready because I'm suppose to be at a meeting in ten minutes, then I have to come back and film a video and then I have to head to Kian's and I'll edit there so I'm so busy today!" Andrea rushed off to her room but stopped at the door. "Thank you for breakfast." Then she left.

I took out my phone and texted Jack.

River: Hey, come over around 5:30pm tonight? X

I put my phone down on the table and stood up walking to the dishwasher and putting my plate in there. I then continued clearing the table and putting everything away.

As soon as I was done my phone went off.

Jack J: Kk

I stared at my screen for a moment thinking about how straight forward Jacks message was.

River: Everything okay?

Jack J: Fine. I gtg see you later.

I put my phone away trying to ignore the feeling that Jack didn't want to talk to me.

"Bye River!" Andrea called and walked out the front door without looking back.

I felt alone and the realisation that I would be home alone basically all day left me feeling like crap.

I turned my music on shuffle and connected it to the Bluetooth speakers.

The first song that came on was I know what you did last summer by Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes. It was one of my favourite songs and I am especially proud of Shawn to see where he has gone.

I remember when he was in Magcon it was such a fun time with him but when he left it wasn't the same. I would go on stage at some of their shows but as soon as Shawn left I just thought it wasn't that fun anymore.

"I know.. When she looks me in the eyes they don't seem as bright no more." I sing along with the song sitting on the couch and staring up at the roof.

If this was how my day was going to be spent by just listening to music and sitting on my butt all day I couldn't wait for it to end.