Chapter 17

Kian Pov.
"River is being her usual stubborn self." I rolled my eyes as I talked to Andrea on FaceTime.

"She is just a teenage girl." Andrea said realising her words slowly. "Just let her grow."

"I think she's slowly breaking." I replied not wanting to admit it.

You could see it in Rivers eyes.

They were becoming dull and losing their sparkle.

"If anything else happens and starts stressing her then she's definitely going to break." Andrea started to put on her makeup and I realised she had just woken up.

"There is always a lot of stress for a teenage girl." Andrea said looking upset as she stopped doing her eyeliner.

I wanted to change the subject and move onto talk about us.

"Andrea, do you miss us?" She looked up from the mirror infringement of her and stared at the computer screen.

"Of course I do."

"What would you think of having another go?"

Andrea started to smirk.

"Andrea will you be my girlfriend?"

"Kian, I'd love too!"

River Pov.
There was a knock at the door so I put down the rubbish bag and opened it.

"What's up?"

"Oh. Hey Hayes." Hayes looked at me confused like I had just said the wrong thing.

I closed the door as he walked in looking around at the place.

"Looks clean." he said trying to make me laugh.

Hayes Pov.
She didn't look like herself.

The circles under her eyes were darker.

Her smile had kind of just disappeared.

"What's up with you?" I guess I should not had said that by the look on her face.

"Why am I your backup plan Hayes?" She moved around the room picking up scraps from the ground as I walked after her.

She started going on about Kian and Andrea but my mind started to blank out until she shoved at me.

"Are you listening?" She asked.

"Where's my shirt?" She shoved at me again and this time Sam walked in.

I stood still as I watched her cry.

She was breaking.

I knew Sam could tell as he tried to calm her down but she stormed upstairs slamming her door behind her.

Sam gave me dirty looks as he pointed to the door.