Chapter 19

River Pov.
A few days had passed and I stayed locked in my room without eating.

I liked to spend my time on the roof staring at the sunset.

The boys had been trying to talk to me through my door non stop and Andrea had been staying the past nights trying to help them out.

The boys decided to do "In a Dark Place" week on O2L and every video I watched made me feel sad.

Other YouTubers started making videos on the topic too.

Maggie, Madison, Jack J and that Private Number had been blowing up my phone with messages but I dared not to open any of them.

But no word from Hayes.

The Sun was setting and I climbed back off of the roof into my room and decided to get change into some track pants and a crop singlet just for comfort.

There was a knock at my door.

"Riv, you're going to have to talk to us sooner or later." it was Connor but I didn't speak.

I could hear him sigh as he walked off and I hated the fact I was such a disappointment to them.

I got into bed and put on The Vampire Diaries, hoping that I could just have a quiet night in.

Hayes Pov.
"Chill man, I got it covered." I said assuring Jack J that he had nothing to worry about.

"You better bro!" he said walking away.

It was nighttime and I started making my way over to see River hoping no one had already told her about last nights events.

River Pov.
There was a knock on the doors to my balcony.

I paused my show and walked over to the balcony doors and opened them.

There was Hayes.

I stood frozen for a moment not knowing what to say.

"I brought food." he said smiling as he held up the bag of subway.

I gave a faint smiled as I pointed to the roof and began to climb up as he followed behind.

We sat down and began to eat.

It felt amazing to be able to eat again after so long but then again was it a good idea to eat?

"Don't you ever get scared you're going to slip and fall?" Hayes asked me looking down at the ground below us as we dangled our feet over the edge.

"You mean jump?" I asked not meaning to say it aloud but I didn't regret it.

He kind of started to mumble on his words but I understood.

"Would you?"

I shrugged it off, "Those who don't jump, will never learn to fly."

There was a long moment of silence between us both until he began to talk.

"Look River, there was a reason why I came here." I looked at him giving my full attention.

"Before I say anything I want to know what we are. What is this?"

"We're friends Hayes." I said giving him a fake smile remembering when he said we were just friends and breaking my heart with the realisation.

"Okay because that kind of makes it easier and I thought you should know this and not hear this from somewhere else because I don't want you to feel weird."

I was getting really scared now.

"Maggie and I are seeing each other."