Chapter 57

River Pov.
I looked at the digital clock in my room and saw that it was now 11:30 at night. I opened my door prepared to get something to eat.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Maybe we should go through with it Kian." I stopped at the doorway and hid behind the wall.

"That's not happening!" Kian shouted.

"Keep your voice down! You'll wake her up."

Was that Lia?

"She isn't okay with us anymore. She needs a real family!" Jc fought back.

"We are her family! No one even adopts teenagers anyway!" Kian sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

Much like what I was about to be. They were really talking about giving me up?

"Don't get angry with Jc, it was my idea but I feel like she needs to be in a place where she's with normal people. This lifestyle is too dangerous for her" Lia spoke softly.

"Don't you think that should be up to me?" I walked into the kitchen and looked at the three of them.

"Oh my god, you weren't meant to hear that Riv" Kian spoke and walked to me about to hug me. I pulled away.

"No, I think you're right" I spoke softly.

They looked shocked, I was even shocked.

"I don't want this anymore, I want a real family." I was surprised with my own words.

"But we are a real family?" Jc questioned his words.

"And I know we are, but I'm talking the kind of family where I'll wake up in the morning and my biggest problem will be if I did my maths assignment the night before or if it was my turn to cook breakfast for Mum and Dad or my turn to look after my little brother." I took a breath "I don't want my biggest problem to be wondering 24/7 what you all think of me, I don't want to think about death anymore... I just want a fresh start."

"I completely agree with you." Lia spoke, her words felt like knives on a chalk board.

She wanted me gone.

A tear fell down my cheek, "Please, if you care about me... just get me out of here"