Flirt

The long wait finally ended. Exam day arrived. I was on the way to college with my friends. We discussed the important chapters and topics to refer to before the exam. As exam was scheduled from 11 to 2. We reached college and decided to revise in the lab. During the revision session, my phone rang and it was Mom I answered the call she said 'Have you reached college ?' I said 'Yes Mom said reached long back' and disconnected. I got sad. My phone again rang and I looked at it and flashed an unknown number I thought it might be from customer care or something like that. I ended up receiving the call and said 'hello whose this?' From the other side I heard a voice 'Best of luck dear' I still didn't recognise the voice and again asked ' whose this?' Then she said 'dumbo you asked me to wish you and you instantly forgot... It's me, Urvashi'
That made me blush a lot. As I wasn't expecting her call but she managed to call me just to wish me. I said 'Sorry that I didn't recognise your vice. I haven't saved your number on my phone as I use a PC for WhatsApp' she said 'Not a problem do save my number. And don't do this again' I went instantly in my dream land and said Well done she wants to talk to you again. I was on the seventh cloud blushing off. Her voice interrupted my dream and said 'Now get back to revision and do tell me how was your paper once you reach home ' She then disconnected and I said to myself that no matter how difficult the paper was I would score the best marks. The exam ended and we headed back home.

I reached home and told Urvashi that my paper was good and would surely score good marks. She said 'Good boy now study for the next exam, and I am going out with my friends and will be late so won't be able to talk to you ' I said 'OK and bye' I rested for some time and then back with books. Then 3 days passed with studying and an evening spent chatting with Urvashi. On the 4th day, I told her that tomorrow is my exam and I demanded that wish me for it again. She said 'Yes I will definitely do that'.

The next day was my exam and like the first exam, I was waiting for her call. 10.30 my phone rang I received the call and there she was 'Best of luck dear' I said 'Thank you'. Then she said sorry for wishing you this late. She explained that she came running out of her lecture to wish you well. Her voice sounded heavily breathing due to running. I said 'Thank you and don't run like this. Take care' she said 'Come on now get back to revision' I said 'ok ' and disconnected. Again the paper was pretty good and I ended up hoping to score great marks. I came home and same as the first exam I told her that the paper was good. Now she became my personal advisor and told me to do this, study like this, and ended up saying stop using WhatsApp and dig your head in books. That wasn't enough every day she used to ask me about my studies whether prepared or not. And now it was time for my 3rd exam and as usual, I reminded her that she has to wish me. But this time she refused and said 'Sorry I won't be able to call you tomorrow coz I don't have a balance'. Sadness surrounded me and I said ' You can call me by using your friend's phone'. She said 'No I won't be doing that sorry' and I didn't say anything not that then she messaged again 'Best of luck' and went offline. With that sadness, I studied.

Morning I left for college with my thoughts that I wouldn't be able to listen to Urvashi's voice today for my exam. We stuffed ourselves Into our usual study place lab. Then my phone rang and it flashed Urvashi's name. My mood swings to happy. I gathered my feelings and cleared my throat and received the call and the melody of her voice wishing me ' best of luck dear' swung in my ears and it again made me blush. Then I said 'You were not supposed to call me as per my memory'. She chuckled and said ' I was just having fun

Likewise, she followed to call me until my last exam and I exam ended on a satisfactory note. And with an assurance that will score pretty good marks. The melody of her voice during exam day still emerged in my thoughts and made me more close to her.