Biker Boy

Time is a really big thing time passes but once time slipped can't be taken back and time which is yet to come can be planned. It's almost a year since Urvashi had first texted me on WhatsApp. By now many unforgettable memories were built between us. Now the flirting had taken a step ahead. Sometimes we behave as if we are a couple. She was the one to pretend as my girlfriend and I used to be her boyfriend. Sometimes she pretended as if she was a small baby And I was the one pampering her with my love. Chatting was fun. The bond between us was almost unbreakable. Our bond gave me the strength to make our relation more strong.

My Brother told us that he was supposed to attend a meeting at Badlapur. He decided to travel on the bike with his office colleagues and was going to return the next evening. But a disaster happened while returning from the meeting he met with an accident. The bike slipped and he got his shoulder fractured. I mentioned this to Urvashi as soon as she heard this she was shocked. She started giving me advice for not using the bike any further. She was concerned for me. What if Babu met with an accident? Maybe she just had this fear in her mind I chuckled at my thought. The doctor advised my brother not to use the bike for the next 4 months. So I was the only king of the road now who was going to use the bike for the next 4 months. She was the daily inquirer about my brother's health. And also an advisor to drive slowly and not to roam out with girls on the bike and so on. Concern was obvious but some were she was telling me to keep away from other girls. All thoughts of her made me think how concerned she is and on the other hand, she wants me to stay away from other girls I always have a smile on my face when I think about her talks.

Time never stopped for anyone. The most awaited festival Ganesh Utsav was heading next month. As usual, my family had started making plans for the celebrations. I had already sent an invitation to Urvashi a month before the festival. Everything was going perfectly. One day my elder sister Pinky called a family get-together. At the get-together party, she disclosed that she loves a guy and is planning to marry him. My family is very supportive of love marriages. This added extra happiness to the celebrations of the Ganesh Utsav. As per the planning, Pinky's engagement was scheduled just few weeks before Ganesh Utsav. Everyone started their preparations for engagement ceremony.

I told the entire scenario to Urvashi about Pinky Didi's engagement. She too loved the story, as she is a big fan of love stories. My uncle gave me all the responsibilities for arranging as my elder brother had had an accident. He also asked me to invite my friends to the ceremony. It was the best opportunity for me to introduce Urvashi to my family. So I invited her with my other college friends. She was also very excited to be a part of the celebrations. Me and my younger sister Dhruvi had planned a surprise stage performance for the guests. I got busy with all the preparations, I had to make as it was going to be the best engagement ceremony.

Time changes there was a time when I and Urvashi use to talk throughout the day but due to my busy schedule, it made fewer interactions with Urvashi. One evening, I was happy, as all the preparations had almost been completed a few days before the ceremony. That day my Mom had prepared my favourite dish bundi ka raita for dinner. I normally had a habit of chatting while having dinner. So I thought to make some time for my princess. I pinged Urvashi and there she was. I said 'Hey princess. Waspp?' She replied 'Tired today'. I asked the reason. She said 'today I went out with my mother-in-law to buy my engagement ring'. 'mother-in-law????' I was shocked. 'Yaa, I'm getting engaged next week'. She said. I was set back. The floor seemed to have vanished. I got choked with the first bite I had. I was not convinced by her words. The next ping from her was a picture of her hand with the ring in her figure. In an angry tone, I said 'What the hell?' 'Why the hell are you overreacting?' Was her reply? 'Can't you see, I am in love with you, dumbo' I said. 'Bhavik, we can't be together. ' Just remove such thoughts from your mind' were her words.

I felt restless. I got up from my chair, threw the plate in the basin without tasting my favorite raita, and walked outside my house. Everybody in my home was astonished. Nobody knew what happened to me. I heard my mom shouting for me to wait. I dint. I took the elevator and rushed outside the building complex. I was having difficulty in breathing.
The world around me felt like a desert and no one to hold me.
I called my best friend Sana and narrated the entire scene. She tried to convince me that Urvashi was lying. All these years, I have been with Urvashi, she has never lied to me. I trusted her a lot. Sana said may be she must be joking'. 'no she is not. She did send me a picture of her hand with the ring" I felt, Sans wouldn't understand my situation. So I told her to hang up the call rudely. The next person I approached was my younger sister Dhruvi. She was the who had always been a support for me since childhood. After the day at Magnet Mall with Urvashi, Dhruvi, and Urvashi exchanged their phone numbers and were in contact with each other on WhatsApp. Dhruvi too tried to convince me that Urvashi must be lying or maybe she must be having fun with me. No one was in my favor. It was almost midnight. I walked back home. Everybody at home must have started dozing off, so I need not have to face any questions about my behavior.

It was late when I rang the bell. My mom opened the door, and asked 'Where have you been? Why did you run away like this?"' I ignored her questions. My brother and father were already fast asleep. I told my mom to stop worrying and go to sleep. Without any further questioning, she went to sleep. I layed down in my bed and was starring at the ceiling. My mind was completely disturbed. It was filled with different kind of thoughts. Will I be able to see my princess again? How will I face her when she will be with her fiance? With whom I would have all those sweet talks. With Whom will I flirt? Whom will I pamper? What if the guy she would be getting engaged to is not the right person for her? What if he, never treated her like a princess? What if he never cared for her like I do? What if her in-laws were not nice people? I never imagined her with any other person as her life partner. All the negative thoughts surrounded me. My eyes did not blink for a second. My heart was filled. I got up and sat on my bed and was having a glance around me. Everything was dark. I again layed down on my bed. I hugged my pillow and pretended to be strong and erase all the thoughts and memories about her. But my thoughts were still filled with questions for which I need answers. Why didn't she inform me that her family was looking for a life partner for her? Why did she tell me about the boy? Why did she inform me a week before she was going to get engaged? It was almost morning. I saw the rays of sun entering throw the window. I heard a sound coming from the kitchen. It's probably my mom. She had woken up and was busy doing her daily chores. I pretended as I was fast asleep.

After some time, I woke up and got ready as I had to go to Dhruvi's house to practice for my stage performance.
I got ready and rushed for my practice session. My mind was still filled with thoughts and questions. I wanted an explanation for what Urvashi had done. During my practice, I was missing my dance steps. I was making mistakes and was unable to synchronize with Dhruvi's moves. My sister got angry. But did not complain. She knew what I was going through. It was difficult for me to handle the surrounding situations. I had to pretend that everything was going perfectly, nothing was bothering me.
It was almost evening, practice was still going on with a lack of concentration. Dhruvi got a bit frustrated. She asked me 'What's the matter? You are physically present here, but your mind is somewhere else.' I kept quiet. She got calm. 'Do you want me to have a word with Urvashi?' 'It's of no use now.'
Dhruvi did not continue the practice. She must have understood that I won't be able to concentrate on practice further. She gave up for the day.
I walked back home with no signs of hope to be with Urvashi. All my dreams which I wanted to accomplish with my princess were destroyed.

During dinner, I turned on my WhatsApp. There were many messages unanswered. I scrolled through all. But did not reply to any of them. Urvashi had also left a good morning note. I opened. She was online. Her status flashed 'happy.' I ignored her greeting. I controlled myself from texting her. My heart wanted answers but my mind forced me not to text. I hardly ate anything. 1 chapatti and a few spoons of rice. My heart was already filled. I didn't feel hungry. While sleeping, I tried to keep all my thoughts aside. It's now only a week left for the engagement ceremony. I did not want to mess up in the ceremony. So I finally decided to concentrate on my performance. After all, it's my elder sister's engagement ceremony. I wanted to her happy. If I messed up in my performance, it would be a disgrace for her. The next few days, I tried to ignore all my worries and concentrate on my performance. I hugged my pillow and tried my best to sleep.