Chapter 16

Engagement Day....

The day finally arrived. Guest were all welcomed. My friends knew, i was going to perform on stage. They had come to cheer me. It was time for the ceremony. I and Dhruvi started with the welcome we had prepared to welcome the guest. Than it was followed by ' shanaya shanaya' an introduction song for my sister pinky in which Dhruvi played the role of pinky and i played the role of my brother-in-law. The next song was 'Dewaana hai dekho" from the movie 'kabhi khushi kabhi gum' followed with "I'll be all right" and " mauja he mauja". There was a round of applause for our performance. My sister and my brother-in-law were very happy with the surprise. All the guest were admiring our performance.

After the performance , the ring ceremony began. My brother-in-law got on his knees and proposed my sister for marriage in front of everyone. This is what love all about. It ended with cutting a 3 tier cake.
The ceremony ended with lots of appreciation. All were very happy with the arrangements i had made. I wished to have the same celebration with my princess. If i had been on my knees with a cute diamond ring, the situation today would had been different today. I started regretting. I was so dumb to let her go? Why didn't I understand her signs she gave when we met at the magnet mall. My pride of being smart was just a foolishness.
Its now almost more than two weeks, i haven't had a word with Urvashi.
A week after the ceremony, my elder sister called me and asked me to meet her. It was very strange. After dinner, I decided to see her.

At reached my uncle's house. In the living room, my elder sister sitting on the couch and on the other end was Dhruvi. I found that there was no sign of my uncle and aunt in the house. It was totally silent. Pinky didi pattee the seat next to her and i sat next to her. I did not understand what was going on. Dhruvi was busy chatting with her friends on the phone. Pinky didi gave me a glance. She moved her hand and placed it on my shoulder and said 'whats the matter?' I didn't understand 'what are you talking about?'. 'Who is that girl?' Her words made the entire picture cristal clear that Dhruvi must have shared the entire scenario I was going through. I laid my head in her lap. The very next moment, water rolled down my eyes. I was broken into pieces. The pain I was hiding inside my heart was overflowing and came out from my eyes. Pinky didi calmly moved her hand on my back. She understood that I was all alone. For the next half hour my tears rolled. It was already late. My uncle and aunt had also arrived. I decided to head back home. I reached home and was thinking this are the worst days of my life I was so helpless with the situation and was not getting which way to go. Everything was getting blur what to do and what not to nothing was getting in place.

Next morning I got up and was thinking why a am so hurt its her life and she have every right to take her decision. So finally I decided to congratulate her. I was back on my computer, turned on the WhatsApp, and said 'congrats dear' after few minutes she replied 'thank you'. I asked her ' So whats the name of the lucky guy?' She said 'his name is Ronil. He lives in dahisar. And yes you are right. He is very happy to have me. And i am very lucky to have him as my life partner.' I said ' You didn't even invite me in your ring ceremony?'she said 'We didn't invite everyone. Only few of my relatives and only amy, as she is my childhood friend.' There was a long silence. I broked the acward silence and asked 'What is his qualification?' She replied ' he holds a M.B.A degree. And earns 50,000 a month.: Than she added 'Babu, you are a nice guy. You don't deserve a person like me. Don't worry you will surely get a better person than me.' Probably She was right but the other way round. I was the undeserving person. Who did I ever dream of being with it was her. It had been six months I gave my bachelor's exams and I did not have a job. I had not earned a penny of my own. How am I going to fulfill all the wishes I made her dream about. I did not have a single penny to feed her lunch and I was dreaming to marry her. Love is not the only thing required for survival. At the end of the day, love won't fill the empty stomach neither it would buy a house to live nor it would buy clothes to wear.

I was no one in front of Ronil he earns and I am still a beginner I don't even have job and I was thinking my future with her. All this thoughts were hurting me but I finally thought, at least her fiance is capable of fulfilling her dreams and requirements. So I should stop bothering her. If I kept talking to her, I wont be able to control myself and would start flirting with her again. I don't want to spoil her relations with her fiance. A scratch in her engaged life could create disaster in her married life. So I started ignoring her texts and phone calls. Ignorance is best way to make distance in relationship. As she is happy with him I am happy her happiness matters to me.

For few days Urvashi kept wishing 'good morning' but I just kept ignoring her. Later, she also understood that I won't be replying her anymore. All this time, I kept checking her profile picture, her status on Facebook and WhatsApp. She used to be online, but no conversations. I didn't have any topic to continue because I was least interested in listening to her stories about her fiance. Talk to her will definitely talk about her and Ronil's relation and it will hurt me more than anything. I can't fake being happy on her sayings.