3: Hope

Day 21.

Yes, I am counting the days.

Why?

Because I want to know the date. Sounds weird and all, but I really just want to know--I feel like if I don't count them I've officially given up all hope for getting out of here.

Which I haven't, nor will I ever.

The day I give up is the day I die. Dark, I know. But I'm dead serious.

I attempted to sit up on the bed, I was sure that by now I'd lost a ton of weight. When I so much as inhaled I could feel my ribs with my fingertips. They were more prominent than before.

At this point I was no longer cuffed to the metal bed frame but I still had the blindfold perfectly secure on my face, along with the painful duct tape.

"Get up, it's time!" I heard it's voice as soon as the click of the door erupted in my ears.

I was confused, "T-time for what?" I asked while stuttering at first but quickly composed myself. Time to die? Time for me to be sold off?

Time for what dang it!

"We, are going to send your daddy a little...surprise." This was the most emotion I heard from its robotic tone, how I could detect it's emotion I had no idea. Must've been the fact that it's voice was louder.

I stiffened as I realized what it said. Were they going to cut a finger off and send it to my father? Or maybe they'll go for something less painful and just cut off a thick strand of hair. Or maybe they go all out and send them my dang eye or tongue...

I began to get scared at the mere thought of more pain. I was weak enough as it is. Anymore pain than what I've gotten could kill me.

I heard it sigh before I heard footsteps walking towards me.

"Jeez, I won't be doing anything of what you're probably thinking of, although I do wish I could that won't happen until later. If your dad doesn't comply. For now, a video will do." It silenced my thoughts. Thank g--

All of a sudden I was yanked up by my arm.

"I told you to sit up didn't I." It wasn't a question, I knew better than to answer it.

I had been leaning against the bed frame and I guess that wasn't good enough for it.

"Now you are going to sound scared beyond belief, like you've just been told by the devil himself that you are sentenced to a lifetime in hell from now on." It hollowly chuckled afterwards.

I heard the sound of something else and I didn't know what until I heard a beep, then I knew that it'd started recording me.

"Talk." Was all it'd said.

And so I did.

While I cried and poured all my fear into it. I was hoping if maybe I was sad enough and scared enough then it'd make my dad try harder to find me.

That it'd make this whole nightmare go away. I hoped and I hoped but deep down somewhere inside of me...

I knew I'd ran out of hope way too long ago.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;