61: Favor

I was currently sitting on the foot of my old bed in my old room. Trying to figure out if craziness ran in the family.

"You are out of your mind, Cole." I shook my head at him but kept my eyes glued to the floor.

"Come on, Alayna. This man is not a good man. He's scum." He spat out the last two words.

"I-i can't."

With that Cole ducked down to meet my gaze. He placed his hands on my cheeks and forced me to make eye contact.

"I know this is hard. But trust me, this man did horrible stuff." I had forgotten how to blink, I was taken aback by the hate in Cole's eyes.

"Tell me." This man had done something to him, I could tell.

"He's murdered two people. From what I know of so far." I gasped.

"These weren't just any two people were they, Cole?" This time Cole looked away before blinking and looking back at me with a new found determination.

"What matters is that...he is a murderer. Please tell me you'll go down to the police station tomorrow and do it." I closed my eyes as I breathed in.

"That's all I ask." I let out a long breath.

I didn't expect when I saw Cole in my room to be asked to send a man to jail.

Turns out that Cole had set this whole thing up. He somehow had gotten the man arrested by giving the police enough new found evidence to make this man look guilty for my kidnapping.

He said he was going to tell me before they called me in so that I wouldn't be so distraught but they ended up calling me in a day sooner than what he thought it would take to process the man.

He wants me to put man number two in jail. This way, Drew will be free and my case closed and Cole can get rid of this man that murdered two people whom he must've known.

That's what's happened in the past hour.

Him trying to convince me to put this man behind bars when I go back to the police station tomorrow.

But, I don't know if I can.

"Please, Alayna." His words brought me back to the present.

"Where is he?" Cole seemed confused at first but then recognition crossed his face.

"Hiding away. Like he has been for years."

"I- i need to know more, Cole. He's such a coward! Not once has he tried to contact me...not even to explain himself for what he did to my father!" Cole moved his arms to embrace me as I cried harder.

"Please, Alayna. Help me and I'll owe you one."

"I have to think about it. Please give me some time to think about it. I'll let you know by tomorrow. Okay." It wasn't a question but more of me informing him.

He nodded his head and got up.

"Ron will be back soon. What will you tell him?" Shít, poor Ron.

"I'll say what I have to say. Don't worry." I wiped under my eyes and got up to follow Cole out of the room.

"Alright, I'll be back tomorrow morning." He pecked my forehead and then off he went.

I went into the room I now sleep in with Ron.

"Shít, what am I going to do now..." I spoke to myself.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Cole has an interesting but sad life.

What do you think Alayna is going to do? And what do you think she should do?