71: Clarity

We were laying in bed, still unclothed with just the blanket thrown over our naked bodies.

I was staring at the ceiling and he was staring at me. He kept drawing spirals and circles in the valley between my bréasts.

We haven't spoken since we had sex. But this wasn't an uncomfortable silence.

"I stopped watching you." I turn to look at him.

"What?" What is he talking about?

"After you came last time...I stopped watching you through my cameras. Cole told me last week you had them removed already. But I just wanted you to know I stopped after our encounter."

"Okay..." I laid confused. Why did he tell me this..?

"I want to be completely honest with you. I want to tell you everything if we're going to do this. If you're going to give me a second chance." My heart warmed. Who would've thought, Drew went from not telling me anything to wanting to be completely transparent with me.

Progress.

"Back when I was still with you...that friend of you that came to try and take me...who was he?" I was curious since the beginning and since he's being honest might as well ask.

He clenched his jaw.

"Dravyn," he almost growled out. "I met him through Cole. He wasn't a friend, he was more of an enemy that was catching on to what I was doing and I was trying to show him everything was normal. I even told him I was in a new relationship."

"So that's what he thought I was?"

His face grew darker as he furrowed his brows.

"At first." What does that mean?

He met my eyes and his face softened. He cupped my cheek in his hand.

"Alayna, he was not a good guy. He was a sèx trafficker. He would sleep with women and then sell them. After he saw our behavior, he assumed I was beginning to do the same as him."

"It wasn't our behavior...I mouthed the words, help me." I looked away.

"Well that makes sense. I can't blame you." I was taken aback.

"You're not mad?" This was a new and improved Drew.

"I was able to grow through the time we were apart. I know it didn't seem like it last time. I wasn't prepared for you and I let the old me out...I'm not giving an excuse but I really changed. I want to be the man you deserve." Why couldn't he do that growth with me? I felt the resentment bubbling up in me and suddenly anger came.

"How did you kill my dad?" We have so much security and there's no way he could've gotten through them.

"Are you sure you want to know, Alayna, I don't—"

"Yes." I deserved to know.

Then he told me how he snuck into my house and put some drug in my dad's coffee in such small doses that it was impossible to recognize. That with enough of that drug it would give my dad a heart attack and there would be no evidence that he was killed. It would all seem natural. He told me he had help on the inside to make sure I didn't accidentally drink the wrong coffee.

"Who gave you the drug?"

"Cole," he spoke without hesitation. I'm not surprised with how mysterious Cole is.

"What's Cole's job?" I shot back right after.

"I don't think that's a question for me. All I can say is, he is involved with some bad and dangerous people." Fair enough, now how could I get Cole to actually tell me...

Wait—

"Who helped you?" It was hard to believe there was a body guard or maid that hated my dad enough to help Drew carry out what he did...we treated them all kindly and paid them generously.

"Mar- Reyes. You know him as Reyes."

"Reyes!" He was my favorite...I would've even considered him to be a friend.

"Yeah, you okay?"

Perfect! What was I supposed to say! I wasn't okay. I was mad. I understand my dad wasn't a good guy...but he never treated me unkindly. He showed me love and —Alayna stop. You can't bring him back. Let him Rest In Peace.

"Yeah, sure." He cupped my face in both of his hands and turned me to look at him again. "Are you sure, baby?" His eyes searched mine and he looked worried.

I felt the ice in me melt. Damn those eyes.

"Yeah," I spoke now with no anger in my voice.

"Anything else?"

"How is she?" Once again he was confused with my broad question. "My mom."

"She's as well as she can be. We can go visit her if you want." He offered and I shook my head.

"I don't want to see her that way." I wanted to keep my own image of her in my mind.

He looked taken aback.

"Now that surprised me."

"One last question." He nodded at me to continue.

"What are we? Now that you're back and I'm here...what are we going to be...what are we?"

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

This was a slow chapter because I wanted to clarify some things before I brought the story to an end. If there's another question you have, comment and I'll answer.

Also damn this is long. If you read the chapter, bless your soul.

Thank you all,

Until next time.