57: Aftermath

ITS HERE BE PREPARED TO BE SHOOKETH

2 YEARS LATER

"How's the wedding planning going?" Ron asked me as he brought me a cup of tea.

"Still need to choose a maid of honor."

"Want my help?" He's been walking on eggshells with me ever since I went off on him about the wedding planning. I didn't know it could be this stressful.

"Why can't you just be my maid of honor?" I whined. He smiled at me the way he always did. It made my heart melt.

"I can be whatever you want me to be. You don't need any bridesmaids if you don't want them. I want it to be perfect for you." He pecked my cheek.

"It was a joke, Ron. You can't be my husband and maid of honor." I laughed. He really was the perfect man.

"Ah," he sighed before pecking my lips this time. "Your husband. I love that sound of that."

Before I could say anything else Cole came into the room.

"How is my sister doing?" He strolled in like he owned the place.

"She's doing pretty well." Ron has been extremely inviting with Cole ever since he found out he was my long lost brother.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Ron asked me. His eyes full of love and concern.

"No, you need go to the post office and mail the invitations!" I grabbed his cheeks and gave him a big kiss on his forehead. Which was something he did to comfort me and I started doing to mock him in a loving way.

Cole and I walked out into my car.

"I got the usual flowers, did you want to stop by and get different ones? Or did you want to get a drink before?" This was my usual routine with Cole every other week.

"It's fine. I just drank tea and I have my usual water bottle." I smiled at him. In twenty minutes we arrived at the cemetery.

As usual my mood changed as soon as I stepped out of my car and onto the cemetery grounds.

Nearly two years have passed since he was taken from me and yet...it's still just as heart wrenching every week I come.

"We'll meet back up in ten minutes?" Cole asked as we stood in the entrance.

"Make it fifteen. I want to update him." Cole nodded before walking to his mother's grave like he always did.

I walked with the roses in my head to one of the biggest gravestones in this cemetery. He deserved the best after all.

"Hey, dad. I'm back again. I just wanted to tell you that the wedding planning has gotten a little better. I think I might've been extra emotional last week because it had been my second year since I came back from being taken. I'm sorry I never told you about him. Maybe I should've, then he wouldn't have killed you. Or at least he wouldn't have gotten away with it. I will find him, Dad. I promise."

I felt the tears slowly sliding down my face.

I couldn't dare speak his name anymore. Or even think it. It filled my body up with unwanted emotions of sadness, betrayal, and anger.

"I really wish you could've met Cole. I know I say that a lot but honestly, Dad. I am upset about what you did to him. He didn't deserve it. He is still your blood. So please watch over him to try and make up for it. I know he doesn't work with good people. I know he works a dangerous job so keep him safe."

I checked my phone to see that twelve minutes had passed so I said my goodbye and walked back to the entrance. Cole was already there. No sign of any emotion on his face.

"You ready?" He asked and I nodded. Only this time he drove home. I was too absorbed in my thoughts to drive.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

This is crazy right! Ron and Alayna are engaged! Chris is dead! Drew killed Chris!

I haven't figured out if for the next few chapters I'm going to have them be flashbacks...Or if they'll switch back and forth from past to present. We shall see.

QOC: How do you think Alayna found out that Drew killed her father? Did she see him do it? Did she assumed he was the only one who would? Did he leave her a clue? Did someone tell her? What do you think...