35: Happy

"Lied about what?" Drew questions me instead of Cole.

I didn't want to say, but that wasn't a problem because Cole was more than happy to answer him.

"She said there was nothing going on between you two." Suddenly Drew's arm falls and I suddenly feel very empty. I was so used to his arm around me when ever he and I were around each other now he's completely avoided contact with me. Just like last night after I left his room.

"Oh really." He wasn't asking. He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me. Still not even glancing at Cole.

"Why would you even..." Cole seems angry and I start to speak but so does Drew.

"What do you mean?" Drew and I both say at the same time.

"How can you get with him after he kidnapped you and took you away from everything you know?" He spat in anger. "And you, how could you! After everything her father has done! After I just found out she's my sister!" Cole yelled at Drew.

"Shut up, you don't know what you're talking about." Drew tells Cole angry. But he speaks in a way that makes me know he doesn't want Cole to say any more in front of me.

"Oh, I don't know?" Cole points at himself before he starts hollowly laughing.

"I know you never wanted me to find out. But I know Drew. I know what happened to Mom." Drew grew even more tense from the corner of my eye.

I wanted to speak up to ask what exactly happened to their mother but I stay quiet knowing it's better to stay out of it.

"Let's speak somewhere else." Drew seems to speak like he's choosing his words carefully.

"No she may as well know the truth. Actually she deserves to know the truth." The truth about what?

Why is this so dramatic?

Cole faces me.

"Do you want to know the reason why Drew kidnapped you?" He gives me an empty smile.

Drew steps in front of me.

"Leave her out of this, Cole."

"She'll find out at one point or another. Why not now?" Cole seems to look right through Drew and directly at me.

Drew's jaw clenches.

"Is this because you hate seeing me anywhere near happy, huh?" Drew shoots out of nowhere.

Cole seems a bit taken aback by this new accusation.

"What are you talking about?" He returns his attention back to Drew, instead of me.

"Now that I'm finally no longer miserable and you know that she's the reason why...you want to ruin it. All because you don't want to see me happy!" That made my eyes widen.

I...I make him happy?

I fought the smile trying to make its way on my face. When I looked back at Cole I saw him looking back and forth between Drew and I.

"Fuçk, don't look at him like that. That's gross. You're my sister and he's my brother." Cole directed at me. Causing Drew to look back at me in confusion.

How was I looking at Drew?

"Sorry?" I shrug my shoulders, I didn't know what to say. I didn't know I was looking at him in any sort of way.

Drew looks at me and a smile grows on his face despite what's actually going on here.

His smile is like my silver lining.

Cole notices this and his face falls.

"Fûck, you two really are crazy for each other." I look back at Drew and notice that since he's looked at me his demeanor seems calmer than before.

"Yeah, I am." He whispers.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Just like Cole said, the truth will all come out at one point. ;)

P.S. The next update will hopefully be this weekend. I go back to school this week argh.