16: Falling

When I woke up, I was alone again.

Was it all a dream?

But I haven't had a dream even once since I've been here.

As I breathed in frustration I could smell something different. A cheap cologne?

I smiled, I knew it wasn't a dream.

The smile didn't last for long because him showing up and doing whatever he did didn't change anything. I couldn't be even more creeped out because I'm sure I've already reached the max.

But I was mad. He felt sorry for me yet he wouldn't let me go. He wouldn't let me leave. He kept me in this room. I haven't left since the day his "friend" came.

He had feelings yet they weren't strong enough for him to act on them. He only acted on anger. What kind of way to live is that?

"Come on," I almost got a heart attack when I heard his voice. I never heard the locks turning. Where am I going?

I get up without questioning him and he leads me out of the room.

"You smell disgusting. For my sake, you're going to take a shower. And from now on you will take one, twice a week." Holy shît! Was he being serious! This is amazing!

He led me to the same bathroom as before and just like last time he turned around when I stripped.

Once in the shower I almost sang out of happiness. It felt like it'd been decades since I've last done this. Showers are great. I will never take them for granted again.

I showered quickly and turned the shower head off. I waited until I saw his arm appear with a towel before wrapping myself and stepping out.

As he was walking me back to the room I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I was finally clean. Well as clean as I can be.

I began lightly humming a song that I loved before being kidnapped.

I felt him before I heard him.

His arm touched me, so light I knew it was just to get my attention.

I turned my head around, maybe he wanted me to stop.

"I know that song." I didn't realize I was smiling until his eyes moved to my lips and he almost smiled.

"What's it called?" I quizzed him. I began walking again and I let the smile fall from my face.

"Blissful Goodbyes." I stopped in surprise. His chest hit my back and I stumbled forward.

I thought he would've reached for me to catch me but nope. I fell onto my hands and knees. My towel was quickly slipping. I forget that my hands were holding me up and I brought them up to catch my towel.

Good news was I grabbed my towel before flashing my kidnapper, but bad news was I lost balance.

My face hit the floor. Thankfully I moved my face to the side so I only bruised my cheek at most.

I expected him to laugh at me but he didn't say anything. He didn't even move. Just waited for me to get up.

We didn't talk anymore. I knew he would leave me alone for a few hours before bringing me food so I decided I needed to tell him something before he left.

"Thank you." I spoke after he handed me new clothes and was now closing the door.

He froze for a second, then he left.

Maybe if I show I'm not the enemy then...he'll let me go.

I smiled at my new strategy before grabbing the clothes and walking to the bathroom to change.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;