24: Father

I was woken up by knocking. It wasn't knocking on my door. No it was coming from the front door.

Suddenly I heard the front door open.

Fear enveloped me. The last time someone snuck into this house...they left in body bags.

Only it wasn't late at night like last time. It was late afternoon.

I was taking a nap after lunch. I'm guessing that Drew isn't here because I haven't heard a gunshot go off yet.

This scared me even more.

Okay, calming breaths. I can do this. It's okay. I'm safe.

I repeated that in my head until I heard the locks on my door turning.

Shît, I quickly crawled under the bed. I made it under before the door was opened.

I calmed my breathing down so that I didn't make a noise. I was praying that my ending would be better than that of the girl in Taken. I really didn't want to get dragged out.

Why did I just have to think about that movie? Out of all the movies in the damn world? Why not some Disney movie?

"Ah, so we're playing hide and seek I see." The voice was very familiar. Almost too familiar.

I could peek my head out or else they'd find me...and kill me.

I heard footsteps coming near me.

Slow, calm breaths. You can do this.

"Boo!" The cover was lifted up and I came face to face with Cole.

What was he doing here?

Especially when Drew wasn't home.

"Don't you know the worst place to hide is under the bed." He playfully chastised me. I looked at him confused.

He's joking around right now while I'm two seconds away from having a damn heart attack!

"Thanks for the advice." I crawled out from under the bed.

"Drew's not here." I told him, figuring he was here to look for his brother.

"Oh what a shame. I'm not here for him." Then why the hell was he here?

"Then...?" I questioned him.

"Who are you? You seem familiar..." I'd never seen him before so I doubt he's seen me. Unless he specializes in stalking girls.

"You met me before. Your brother introduced me." He shook his head.

"Your face. It's just so familiar."

"Tell him who your father is." Both our heads snapped towards the door. Drew stood there face blank.

"Chris Collins." As soon as I said that Cole's face changed as if I mentioned the devil himself.

"What?" His voice cracked.

"You're that bastard's daughter?" He spat out. Disgusted by my father.

"Don't call him that." I was getting angry. Who did these brothers think they were. Calling my dad foul names.

"I'll call him whatever the fûck I want. Aśshole abandoned us before I was born." What?

My dad abandoned them? That means that...

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Thank you for 800 reads!!!😭❤️