47: Home

I was engulfed in a tight bone crushing hug.

I couldn't react. I felt worn out. I felt drained.

"Princess," his hushed voice cut through my thoughts. "You're okay."

I stood still.

He kissed my hair and wouldn't let go until minutes later and even then he still kept me at arms length.

"How are you here? Who took you? Are you okay? Did the monster hurt you!" I never saw my father display that many emotions on his face all at once. Gratefulness, Sadness, anger, and disgust.

I just nodded and his face went completely red. Then I realized that he thought I was just replying to his last question and I shook my head but then stopped.

"Not physically. I-I mean." Shît wait to go. "I mean they would constantly tell me that I'd never be found."

"They?" I nodded my head again.

"I never found out if it was a man or woman." My dad looked at me skeptically.

"Honey, you were gone for almost seven months." I blinked up at him.

I forgot that while things stopped for me everything kept going at a normal pace for everyone else.

Their lives continued even when mine paused.

"I know but they used something to disguise their voice...I could never figure it out." I didn't know why I was covering Drew's tracks I just knew that I couldn't stop myself.

"Okay. Well how are you here?" Shît.

"Can we please talk about this tomorrow, dad? I just, I want to sleep. I haven't been able to sleep for months." My dad smiled at me sympathetically.

"Of course, princess. I'll go with you." I nodded my head and went up the stairs past the ten security guards.

"If I'm not here when you wake up then a guard will be, don't be alarmed."

I was confused with one thing, how could he afford all of these security guards?

"Dad, how could you afford these guys?" He didn't show any emotion when he responded.

"My business grew while you were..." he cleared His throat. "And well now it's a multimillion dollar company."

My eyes almost popped out.

How was he able to in just seven months?

"I'm going to take a quick shower and I'll be back." He nodded and went to my bed to pull down the covers.

I thought a lot while I tried to wash away anything and everything that could lead to Drew.

When I came out my dad was sitting in a rocking chair in the corner.

I wore sweats and a t-shirt. I was thinking every move precisely.

I could feel my dad's eyes watching me.

Once in bed I turned to look at him.

"I thought you were gone...for good." His voice cracked and I'd never seen my dad so sad before.

"Thankfully I'm not, dad. I'm here. And I'm okay." I smiled at him and I could feel my eyes water but I wouldn't cry because my eyes were swollen enough.

"I promise you, princess, that I'm going to find that fuckęr and I am going to make sure they get what they deserve." I continued to smile at him but inside my head I gulped. My dad never swore in front of me.

Oh Drew I hope you're good at hiding.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I just wanna say thank you for 10k! I wish ya'll commented more so that I can see what you think but I know you guys are there. I also really appreciate the votes.

I'm going to try to update again before I leave... I just need to be inspired. 🤔