62: Address

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Ron asked me as he parked the car in the police station.

I didn't want him to but I knew I had to say yes.

"Yes, please." I whispered quietly. He put his hand on my cheek and rubbed it softly but I couldn't look him in the eyes.

We both got out and I walked in just like last time. I couldn't help but feel anxious. As if they would know I was lying and arrest me instead.

The same officer from yesterday greeted me and looked a little relieved to see I wasn't alone this time. Ron held my hand for support. He led me to the same place as last time.

Once again all the men walked in. They lined up against the wall. And I started shaking. Maybe it was the fact that I was standing this close to a murderer.

I looked at him harshly before looking away. I looked at anywhere but him. I couldn't. I didn't even know this man but yet... I was terrified of him.

"It's him." I pointed at the man Cole told me to. After I told him I'd do this for him he explained how the man looked. He also told me he'd meet me at the cafe near the house I used to live in after this.

After that followed a series of questions. Questions like if I ever saw anyone else or if he acted alone. Cole told me everything I had to know.

Including some tattoos and scars that the man had that wasn't visible when fully clothed.

When I was questioned Ron waited outside. I couldn't have him in there.

Although I knew the man deserved going to jail I still felt guilty. Maybe because I let my dad down by not getting revenge on Drew for his death.

But maybe also because I didn't regret it and I know I should. Any sane person would, right?

After, we walked out of the station and Ron drove me to see Cole.

I could see Ron was treating me like I was a paper doll. Even when he kissed my forehead it was so gentle it almost felt as if he hadn't kissed me at all.

"We're here, honey." I blinked realizing he had parking in a handicapped spot and was looking at me worriedly.

"Thank you." I smiled softly at him.

"You gonna be okay?" I nodded at him.

"Yeah. It's just you know..." I trailed off and he nodded understandingly.

"Well if something happens and you need me to pick you up then call me okay." I nodded my head and leaned over to peck him as well as hug him as tightly as I could.

After that I got out the car and walked into the restaurant to see Cole sitting down with his coffee. Wow, sometimes I wonder if his job is the reason why he doesn't get affected by things that should affect him.

"Thank you." Those are the first words that leave his mouth.

I nod my head and sit down across from him.

"Why did you want to meet here instead of home?" I asked. The house is plenty big if we wanted to talk in secrecy we could.

"You'll see. Do you want anything?" He asked and nodded towards the menu.

I shook my head no. I had no appetite.

"Okay well, since you did me this favor...I hope that I can repay you by giving you this..." he handed me a brownie wrapped in plastic.

"Thanks." I furrowed my brows.

"Check the nutritional facts. I know you're trying to stay in shape." That confused me even further. I didn't question him.

I flipped it and saw an address was scribbled.

I gulped.

Was this where Drew was staying?

I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Is this--" he cut me off before I could finish.

"Yes. Do you want to go now?" I nodded my head several times almost violently.

"Let's go then."

I finally knew where he was. Where Drew had gone to hide away for almost two years. I gripped the slip of paper in my hand and felt determined.

Ready or not, Drew. Here I come.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Oml, I have so much to doooooo! I have two projects that are my finals to finish by today. And a study guide to complete as well.

But after this week winter break commences! Hallelujah!

This turned out longer than expected, oh well.