51: Note

4 months later

I stare at myself in the mirror. It's graduation day.

I'm so excited to finally be done with high school.

"Alayna, are you ready yet?" Ron yells from downstairs.

"Of course I'm not ready or else I'd be downstairs!" In the past four months I'd been able to go back to being the kind of girl I was before everything happened.

My dad and Ron are relieved about that but they're still looking for him.

By him I mean Drew. I try not to say his name anymore because if i still constantly say it to myself then it might slip out at some point.

I have been keeping my mind occupied with studies in order to avoid thinking about him and why he hasn't reached out to me.

I haven't seen Cole since he showed up with my pizza and I haven't seen him since the night he left me two blocks away from the place I used to call home.

I apply a thin layer of gloss and grab my cap and gown before making me way out of my room.

I can see Ron is already making his way towards me and he instantly stops and places a hand on his heart.

"Oh my little girl, I'm so proud! You're finally graduating. You look so beautiful." He said over dramatically.

I roll my eyes but walk up to him and engulf him in a hug.

"I wouldn't be graduating if it weren't for you." I spoke into his chest.

Ron took a year off from college to help me graduate with the juniors who are now seniors, well technically freshmen in college.

At first I refused to let him take the year off just like that but then when I spoke to my father he assured me that he'd repay Ron for his time.

I made my father promise that he'd pay for Ron's tuition and that's what we're doing.

Ron doesn't know yet but he will soon enough.

"Let's go, Ronald McDonald." He glared at me for two seconds before breaking out into a huge smile.

"I can't be annoyed at you right now when I'm so proud of myself for helping you pass." I rolled my eyes once again.

We made it to the door when I realized I had left my purse on my bed upstairs.

"Oh shït, I'll be right back. Wait for me in the car with Dad." Ron stared at me quizzically.

"I forgot my purse upstairs. I'll just be a minute." I smiled at him and hurried back up the stairs.

"How could I forget you!" I spoke to my purse, it was the only thing on my bed, so out in the open.

I picked it up with a smile but instantly froze.

Right under my purse was a small piece of paper with writing scribbled on it.

At first I thought maybe it was from Ron or my dad but deep down I knew from the moment I saw it who it was from. Then I actually read what it said and my heart stopped.

See you soon, Princess
P.S. You look beautiful.

My heart rate sped up at the thought of being able to see Drew again. I looked up and out the large window in my room. The window was just how I left it.

"Drew?" My voice croaked out. It sounded hopeful and it even surprised me.

But no one walked out from anywhere and I realized I was actually alone.

I looked back into the mirror and collected myself before quickly going back down the stairs and into the car.

The entire ride I couldn't help but think, where are you Drew?

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

HER NAME HAS FINALLY BEEN REVEALED

You guys don't know how many names I had thought of and I actually had a name picked out for her before I left for my trip...but I forgot it when I got back so I had to search again.

Is anybody else excited to see Drew again? Also just in case you couldn't tell...the end is approaching us :,) bittersweet ya'll

June 2022 update:
I see some people mentioning that her name was revealed before in the story with the family tree. When I originally published this the family tree was not there! It was added in later to help clear the confusion about the relationship with Cole and between the main protagonist and Drew. Just wanted to clear up that confusion!
Happy reading!