Chapter 8

Rylan POV

Today is busy like hell. The wave of people keeps coming as a hunger animal. The orders keep coming like a storm. As a one of renowned restaurant, Meu amorzão, surely grab a lot attention from every level of human strata. In addition, today is one of public holiday, making it busier than ever. We got foreign and local customers.

My hand was barely having any rest after finishing one after one dish. But, I'm really glad to working inside the kitchen than being at front line, to serve the varied customer attitude. Sometimes, the waiter and waitress keep complaining about the flirtatious and nosy customer.

I feel lucky to have a warm colleague's relation. We work together to solve whenever the problem arises. They're really help me a lot since this is my first work experience. The main chef also awes with my skill and decide me to be his assistant. I learn a lot from him, despite his strictly attitude during working times. But after working hours he is like caring a father.

Here, I never hear any cussing word throw in my face. The owner really hates the gossips and bullies in the workplace. He has warned us on the first day I was introduced. His wife is sweet and nice woman.

Honestly, the first day I started, I felt very nervous. The nervousness has caused me lack some slept the night before. A hundred question keeping my eyes open through the night. Wondering whether I'll face the same bad experience like a school or not. The thought almost makes me to back off.

Another place I feel in peace than my own house. I'm really glad Reese recommended me for working here. Judging from Reese attitude, he will always find a safe place for me. He really an overprotective brother I always dream for.

"This is the crazy schedule I face again." Robert grunts while stir the beef stew gently. We agree nods.

"And that's why I'm here to help all my excellent worker team." We are startled by the sudden owner voice. He had changed in restaurant dress code. See, our owner really friendly and an expert in kitchen hall.

"Go and eat your lunch, Rylan. You've worked nonstop since the morning." David tapped my shoulder, already to take over my current work.

"Thank you, Mr. David." I say my gratitude. He just nods before I scurried out to the worker's pantry room. The restaurant provides meals for workers.

After finishing the lunch, I go to take a quick bath to refresh my body again. I feel very energetic after my body soak in cold water. I prefer to take a cold water during a work; it really works faster to cure my sore body.

I go back to kitchen hall, hearing David is freely chatting with the worker. David spots me, he order Robert to take a rest and the rest takes turn whatever their co-worker back from the rest. Reese came to pick up me whenever he frees.

"Hey buddy, how your day going?" A smirks form on his lips.

"Like hell." I said the fact of the matter.

"Oh I see... it's the first time I feel very in two months me working here." I said when tiredness assaults my eyes.

"It's okay because tomorrow is your off day. How is your health?" He said in a low voice. I feel a sincerity in his tone.

"It's still okay, Ree. I just feel a sore from an earlier activity. Besides that, everything was fine." I assure he worrywart attitude.

"Mm okay... unfortunately I can't stay by your side because I've work to settle at suburb area. Sorry buddy."

"It's okay... I'm not a child anymore and I prefer you're outside through my off days." I turn around when I feel a blood rushing to my face. The moonlight caught my attention; activate the heat that I never invited into my life. I already can feel the heat creep to my lower part. As if, the full moon had injected a powerful an aphrodisiac inside my body.