Chapter 40

Rylan POV

Now I know what Alfred means by the phrase 'you are only feeling totally complete when meet you other half'. His word was true all along. The word that I kept denying because I had content with what we have at that time, even though we were not destiny as a real mate. Now I find it is incredibly undeniable, as I had gotten close to Ivan each passing day.

It is worth trying when I start open my heart and letting go the past shackle that bind my heart. My heart becomes light and calm. It is different from the time I had spent with Alfred. The serenity aura that surrounds us was undeniable. I start missing Ivan when he wasn't under my sight. I anticipate his presence at the wrong timing.

Waiting he come back home anxiously. I can't guess where or what he is doing outside. I also can't communicate through the mind link faraway than space in house because I haven't through pack welcoming ceremony and completing the mating. Simply say, our mind link connection is limited. We just can use it in a small range.

"I don't mean that I will give up even though someone else still rooting in your heart. I mean to set my own fundamental in the core of yourself, embedding myself higher in you than anyone else does. I may not the first person who stolen your heart, but I swear I will be the last person who stay as your lover for the eternity. That is my goal."

Ivan's true confession makes my heart feel so touched. Every word he muttered sealed deep in my core. It wasn't just merely contained a confession but also containing a vow, external promises and determination. One thing he doesn't know that he was my first love. I intend to never tell him this one little secret of mine. I just wanted to test his heart at that time, but the answer he was giving me was enough to seal all the darkness in me.

Could I trust my heart this time? Deep inside of my heart even if the event turn to opposite of happiness, I still want to try this little experiment. I want to taste the feeling in higher peak of bliss. Life if one time chance, so I want to use it to the fullest. That what my heart chooses at this moment.

Alfred please blesses my choice this time. It is impossible to run away from that person again when I had tasted the kiss that filled with the sweetness of the beginning of the summer of love, allowed me to let go of the pain that had been in my heart all these years. My acceptance has swept away all the pain and uneasiness feeling that burden me for years.

I don't have any heart to hurt the honest him. I don't have a courage to stomp on his love. The love that I always hated in the past, here I impatiently waits for it. I know him never fake anything, anymore. He is a hundred percent honest with me even when I deliberately become a jerk and kill the mood.

People said, we only know the person true nature once we sleep on the same pillow with the person every night. I didn't find any flaw in that quote at all. One week sharing the same bed, the same quilt and the same morning and night, make me see the true self of that strong alpha.

I know when he fakes the sleep, waking in middle of midnight just for checking that I really beside him. Whispering the love and regret when he confirmed that I already been in a dream. Rush to checking our boy when he had some nightmare in the middle of the night. He thinks I really slept in those times. He was wrong. As I said, he still in probation period means I will observe him closely.

One week pass in totally different ways than I always thought. He blows all the doubt in my mind, but it is still earlier to giving him the result. My heart was touching with his every effort to win my heart back where he is already carving his name there.

I feel the sense of belonging, a home to call my own sanctuary. A simple gesture from him was enough to send me to the heaven. I know I taste the medicine of my own too in testing him. I mean wherever we are close enough to feel each other body temperature, my heart beating faster and I'm longing his caresses.