Chapter 21

IVAN POV

This is the fucking karma land me with an unexpected news. The one I always thought was dead now happily play the most happiness husband. Their happiness stung my heart badly. Now, I know, why my wolf never goes berserk or dead.

Our mate not dead yet, was marked by another person, nonetheless by an alpha too. It was clear as a bright day, the happiness was displayed on his face. Their intimated gesture stabbed me to death, worse is he never recognize who I'm.

But it's not entirely his fault, I'm the one who makes him suffer, make him forgotten who I'm and used him like a cum dumpster. Who am I to judge another person who just strives to find a true happiness? The man, another wolf is making his life blissfully.

I had lost count how many whiskey bottles I had empty. My stomach starts to churn in a burning sensation. I think I had passed my alcohol limit, my focus starts swirling too.

"God, are you trying to become alcoholic? How many days you've wasted like this? For Goddess sake, you're an Alpha, Ivan." Terrance collects the laying bottles on the floor.

"So, what? Are you ashamed for having a drunkard as an Alpha?" I laugh like a crazy person.

"What the nonsense you spurt now?" Terrance grabs the bottle in my arm, but I refuse to give to him.

"Leave me alone. I don't need anyone pity.... I just want my mate." Tears make its way across my cheeks.

"Ivan, I know you're missing your other half, But we can't revive the dead one. We may a supernatural but it's beyond our capable." Terrance cups my face gently.

"Why I let him go.... Why I'm so stupid to make his crying that day.... Why I do reject him for empty love?" I sobbed on his shoulder by now. I ignore the other presence in the room.

"You're strong Ivan... and if I'm inside his shoe, I would never like to see you sunk in miserable. He must wish to see you always life to fullest. " Terrance word making my heart sink into bottomless sea. You're wrong Terrance... he never know who am I. I rejected him before he learn the truth and chosen a wrong person. It was my fault, my truly fault.

"You're wrong... I never could take him inside my embrace again. He really hates me... so much hate me." I blurted the last sentence built up in my daze mind.

"No mate would stay hating his other half, son. We are sorry for forced you to get married. We never know you had found your mate." My father patted my head.

"Yes, son, true mate never could hate you." My mother added. No. They do not understand it all.

"It's fucking late... he had been owned by another person. He was leading a happily married with someone else." I dropped bomb on their ears. The room fell silent.

"Aren't your mate already dead?" Mum said curiously.

"He is still alive, mum. I saw him with another man, his husband, and his new mate. The man had marked him as his own." I couldn't restrain the tears from bloating up from my eyes. I feel unashamed to show them my weak self.

"It can't be, son... the other should know, your mate doesn't belong to him. Just confront and explain it themselves." Dad frowns when saying it.

"No, dad, I had lost my every right the second I rejected and left him for meaningless love. I had insulted him so badly, that is no ways for me atone back."

"Son, no matter what happen in the past, both of you could never separate by mere love. I'm sure he will run back to you once his discover you're his loved one." Dad cooed me. They don't know what I had done to Rylan, they don't know I have used him to release the pent up lust.