Chapter 17

IVAN POV

"Where is the pack of ice?" I shout to one of the omega who happens to pass my eyes. He stiff immediately.

"Already... in the... bathtub." The omega lowers his head while answering my question.

Shit! The boiling heat starts again. I feel the enrage fire lit inside. The pain sometimes makes me sleep in the cold water. The excruciating pain I have kept feel since four years ago. Every day I need to bath in cold ice water.

What truly happen to my own body? Cedric refused to answer my question, simply ignore me the day we found out the death of our true mate. He blamed me because rejected our true mate causing we lost him forever.

Cedric becomes short temper and lash his anger for whomever happen to meet his wrath. Dad had warned me so many times for making our pack member engulfed in fear in Cedric presence. Furthermore, the length of his hatred not limited to anyone or ages exceptionally.

It's better than you have a rogue wolf – Cedric coldheartedly answer me when I questioned his attitude a long ago.

A sweet thing left inside himself disappeared the same day we found out the dead news. Everything had taken another round if I never rejected him. He'll alive beside me, support our pack and heart-warming the pups. When thinking back isn't hard to live as a homosexual because the world start to accept their kin as a normal person.

With the improvement in medical field, we can get our own heir anytime, anywhere. The child who had our own DNA. Why I'm so foolish to reject him without the second thought? I think everything was under my control but in the end, everything was blown up.

Cedric became distant from everyone, killing me in slow motion process. I loss counted for how many times he tried to killed Kayla in our bedroom. Kayla didn't know any of attempted because she in deep sleep.

I had seen many cases when the werewolf loss their other half, they will slowly walk in death path. The worst is they would through a rogue phase that can't be stopped by anyone because they start losing a rational as a human being. The enrage wolf would destroy everything in their path until they meet the end.

Sadly, I never take it in deep consideration because I have been living alone in those few years without any complication. The years before I had encountered him, knew him as my mate.

Fortunately, Rita and Patrick had help me a lot to throughout this wolf rebellious phase. Rita supplies me with pills that could contain my sanity in check, the almost same type of pill we usually given to those werewolves who lost their mate.

Patrick is my pack's doctor. He is two years below me and always keeps my dark secret from anyone else. He'll come up with a logical excuse whenever I fainted or bedridden without any valid causes. Yes, he also knew that my mystery sick was due my foolish action. The one and only person who knew about me have a real mate.

I also had forgotten when the last time I transformed. Cedric not in the mood to takeover my body or running around the wood. Truthfully, I scare I may lose Cedric one day because his health keeps decreasing. He rarely speaks, argue, or provoke me anymore. He silent makes me feel so lonely.

Kayla is also not in a good state nowadays. She is still nice to anyone like before we married, loved, and heart-warming. However, sometimes she would snapped without reason. The one that could calm her boiling blood is our son.

Ernest, as a future alpha, quiet understands the adult around him acting up. He is sweet son but despite that, the nasty rumor also blew in his way. I overheard that an omegas despise Ernest an arrogant attitude.