Chapter 39

Cedric POV

I feel the true bliss when eyeing my mate who engrossed in some sort horror movie. He did not scream or shock by the eerie audio. However, as a wolf I can hear his heartbeat erratically beating over some suspense scenes. He leans on my body until the movie ended.

How should I describe this feeling? Oh, it is like a dream came true. I always and always wish that one day I can hug and embrace him under his willingness. It was true when I had taken him with the same wished long ago, but then everything under the mating pull and his heat condition. Then, my stupid human used a witch potion erased all his memories.

Speaking of him, I had forced him into hibernate mode when I want to take over this body. He desperately begs and pleads me to let him soothe our sulking mate. But, I won in the end when his emotion trembles with the sight of our mate. Serve him right!

I won't sit and let him do the same thing again. Rylan is my mate too, so we share fifty percent per person to pacify our mate. What I saw was his failure during those days. I know his pure regret and the blooming love that keeps increasing each time his sight fall on our mate. But it is still not enough to cure our wounded mate.

The worst came worst when we found he tried to commit suicide. I fell all blood drained from my body watched his unmoving body. If we late two second my mate may have been departed from this world, leaving us completely broken. At that time, our sad and scared feeling together as one. We barely could walked and taken the motionless body to our embrace. All the thought leaving our mind as it become blank.

"Ce... ric... Cedric. Geez! What's going on?" A gentle hand is caressing around my neck. I hide my face at his neck. "Why are you crying?"

Sorry... I am sorry for stupid human me that allow you suffered too much in the past. I promise we will monitor you closely starting now and atone all of our faults. That if one day you can forgive us wholehearted. For now we just feel contain if you can let us stay beside you. - I said to him through the mind link.

"Give me some more time. I'm sorry for the immature behaviour that caused many troubles to you as well to Allen too." His eye is glistening with unshed tears.

We are just imperfect being. - I caress his neck with my snout.

After that, Rylan yawns a few times before I suggest him to sleep. He uses my belly as a pillow while hugging my paw. The feeling is unrealistic, but the comfortable and electrical currents I keep receiving confirm that the feeling is real.

I feel Ivan consciousness stirring in my mind. I sigh when his restless hit me in full swing. As to make him feel worse, I deliberate showing him the chummy Rylan with me. That is his punishment for making that stupid rejection. He became gloomy, but the surprising thing is his jealously keeps increasing. I want to laugh upon his stupidity because he should know that Rylan belong to us. So, whatever other side doing is equal to serve for both parties anyway.

IVAN POV

I feel restless and jealousy when seeing Rylan is comfortable around Cedric. It may sound absurd as the wolf is a part of ourselves too. But I really can't help when the jealousy poison undertakes my heart. Why he can openly chummy with Cedric? They interact so friendly as Cedric smugly smile to me.

He won our mate's heart easily. The heart that always denied all affords I have made. I sighed in distress while thinking the next step to win my hardheartedly mate. As if reading my mind, Cedric erases his smug smile. I don't want his damn pity. He should know I am the fault one here. I had dragged him in this situation where we almost lose our mate for real.