Chapter 24

Rylan

I don't know when I fell asleep after being shouted by Alfred. I mean what's his problem for shouting me when I just concerned about him. Bloody shit! Then, he easily snuggled in our blanket and asked me a forgiveness.

I caress my right side but it was already empty. I shot up and saw both my sides emptied. The wall clock is showing eleven in the morning. Great another lateness record for this week. I go back to my room, undressing and walked to the bathroom.

After showered, I dress up in casual clothes. When I walked down the stairs, a nice smell assaults me. I lean on the kitchen wall, watching Alfred in the middle preparing the lunch. Gosh! He is so sexy like hell. I hug him from behind which caused him to startle a little.

"Good Morning, Love." I said as first greeting. I mean it's not used to sulking around like a little kid.

"Good morning, babe." He swirls around and put a kiss on my forehead. "Sorry for last night. I didn't mean to lash it on you."

I see an honest and guilty inside his green pupils. I cup both his cheeks and press my lips on him. We simply shared a light kiss without any intention to deepen it. The oven beeping makes us apart. I love seeing his excitement pupil after kiss.

"It's okay, Love. I mean we aren't a perfect creature, so sometime we really make a silly mistake." I shrugged.

"Yeah, but it was unfair for you, babe." He tightens the hugs. I caress his hair softly.

"We will talk later and glad if you could confide what the cause with me. At least I will not be kept in the dark." I assist him to cook. He brought a beef lasagne from the oven.

After we finished lunch, we sit to discuss his problem. It's perfect timing because Allen still at school and getting back later than usual. I take a sit front him, patiently waiting for him to open his mouth. I don't want to force him to talk either.

"Yesterday, after I finished meeting, I have to meet with someone." He takes a large breath.

"Then?" I patiently wait.

"I didn't know why and how he gets the personal number at first. After the meeting ended, I texted him and set up a time and a place to meet. If I knew his real attention, I swear I'll never meet him." He balled his fist.

"Al, tell me who the person that riled you up." I put my hand on his fist.

"Ivan Kendall, an Alpha of Crimson Moon Knight." My face got pale.

"Why he wanted to meet you?" I feel a sudden rage.

"That is also the question in my mind until we meet he revealed the damn shit. Ry, he... he wanted you back. He makes a bargained if I give you back to him, he will protect our pack. He told me, he has every right to claim you because you were his true mate." His body shakily when mutter the word.

I feel guiltily because had hide the matter too long. Now, I know the decision to move back here was a big mistake. I have hurt Alfred by keeping the secret when he always told me the truth.

"I'm sorry, Al. I never thing the past will catch me this fast. I think I can erase the past without involving anyone. Sorry..." I tighten my grip on his fist.

"So, you really knew you were his mate, right? Why haven't you told me? Has Allen been his son too?" I detected a disappointment beneath his voice.

"Yeah, I knew, but it was after you explained me about the werewolf. I don't know how I got lost pieces of memories too." I really don't know how to explain to him.