ii. ━━ the odds

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
TWO ━━ the odds

innocene died screaming darling, I should know

darling, I should know

hozier

KATNISS AND PEETA SAT IN FORTITUDE AT THE table while Haymitch stood in front of a large screen. The two victors were waiting to see the clips of the other district's Reapings, to determine allies and threats. However, it came as no surprise to them when Haymitch gravely informed them that everything they previously knew about the games didn't matter anymore—this was an entirely different playing field full of experienced killers with an advantage. They were the only two who didn't know the other victors personally.

"District 1. Cashmere and Gloss, brother and sister, won back-to-back games. They're Capitol favorites—lots of sponsors. Career pack, too, so expect them to be lethal." Haymitch gestured to the beautiful, smiling siblings on screen.

Katniss slowly nodded, wanting to take in as much as she could about her opponents.

"The other half of the career pack—District 2. Meet Brutus and Enobaria." He switched the screen.

Katniss leaned in closer, "What's wrong with her teeth?" Enobaria was bared her teeth on the screen in front of her.

"She had them shaped into fangs so she could rip people's throats out." Haymitch explained dryly.

"Well, she's committed. I'll give her that." Peeta spoke up.

Haymitch changed the screen again. "District 3: Wiress and Beetee. They're not fighters, but they are brilliant. And weird—real tech maniacs. Beetee won his games by electrocuting six people at once."

"The morphlings, masters of camouflage. They basically won their games by hiding out until everyone was dead. Self-medicating ever since," Haymitch chuckled, "Not that I blame them; they're not a threat, though."

Katniss and Peeta exchanged glances with each other at that, but waited for Haymitch to continue.

"Finnick Odair, right?" Katniss inquired, recognized the blonde male once the picture switched again.

Haymitch nodded. "He won his games at fourteen—Capitol's sweetheart. And extremely humble." The sarcasm in Haymitch's voice was obvious at the last sentence.