xxv. ━━ fight another day

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
TWENTY FIVE ━━ fight another day

 fan the flamesTWENTY FIVE ━━ fight another day

I looked death in the eye
and it blinked first

unknown

SHE DIDN'T FEEL ANYTHING AS SHE WAITED FOR HER eyes to adjust to the darkness but it never happened. She was trapped in nothing, a dark illusion of the unknown.

She turned her head in all direction in search for a clue that would tell her where she was, for a light that would guide her through the dark.

Erin blinked as she spotted it in the distance like a small beacon of hope to guide her. The brunette started to approach it, but with every step she took it only seemed to get further away. She clenched her jaw in irritation a small glimmer of panic in her eyes as she stared ahead where the small source of light became less.

In that moment she just wanted to give up, but a voice in the back of her mind reminded her of the girl she used to be. The girl who didn't go down without a fight.

So she shook her head before she started running as the small flame became dimmer but she didn't give up and she pushed herself to her limits and beyond.

And when she came close enough she stretched her hand out touching the source before everything rushed back.

Her memories were flowing though her head, like puzzle pieces finally falling together, forming the whole picture of who she was.

The girl who looked death in the eyes and made it blink first.

A loud gasp erupted from her pale lips as air rushed through her lungs and her eyes shot open, the brown orbs staring up at the stark white ceiling as all the noise around her was muffled amd a buzzing sound remained in her ears.

She blinked slowly as the sounds of everything in the room rushed through her ears like a deafening scream, like a wakeup call.

Doctors surrouded the girl in no time, checking her vitals before someone else pushed his way through and her eyes landed on those of her older brother, tear stains on his cheeks and red puffy eyes, but his features we soft and reliefed

Alex sighed in relief once he locked his gaze on his breathing sister, her heart beating strong and steady. But what he noticed was that small spark in her eye that had been lost the moment she opened her eyes in district thirteen.