xxxi. ━━ flickering flames

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY ONE ━━ flickering flames

 fan the flamesTHIRTY ONE ━━ flickering flames

hope is the only thing stronger than fear

coriolanus snow

    ALL AIR HAD LEFT ERIN'S LUNGS WHEN THE SICK and wounded people realised they were here. Their tired eyes focused on Katniss as she slowly stepped further in the room. Like animal carefully approaching people, unsure but curious too.

    The sight of wounded people holding their friends and family close to them, like a mother cradling their newborn for the first time, afraid to let go in fear of them disappearing in thin air was emotional.

     Erin held her brother's hand tightly as she looked around the room, the people left to suffer the consequences of the war raging on around them.

     Their limbs wrapped up in bandages, tears stains on their cheeks mixed with ashes, dirtied hair and disheveled clothes.

     Ahead Katniss stance was timid, her eyes focused on those one the floor, whispering that everything would be okay, that they didn't need to worry. To assure them, to let them hold on.

    When the raven haired woman stood more in the center of the room, Erin stared wide eyed as people stood up, looking at Katniss. The previous whispers and chatter died down and only her light footsteps echoed around the hall.

     Erin eyes glazed over, the raw emotion of all these people hitting her. The feeling of not being enough the help them settling in her gut. She wondered if they could win this war, could win from the Capitol.

     Win from Snow.

     She hoped and prayed that they would, that the suffering would stop. With The Girl On Fire they should win. Hope was stronger than any fear, and the flame hadn't burned this bright in a long time. With Katniss would come the end of this war and Erin promised herself that she would do anything to keep Katniss alive for that reason alone.

     "Katniss Everdeen?" The voice startled Erin for a moment as it echoed across the room softly.

    Her friend stopped walking and turned around timidly afraid she could not help these people, that she could not give them what they needed. For a moment her eyes met with Katniss and the district four woman gave her a gentle and encouraging smile.