xxxvii. ━━ the final countdown

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY SEVEN ━━ the final countdown

 fan the flamesTHIRTY SEVEN ━━ the final countdown

always and forever is
all I want with you

unknown

      HE COULDN'T FIND HER AND DREAD SETTLED OVER THE golden haired victor as he stood inside the bunker, people rushing about, looking for friends and family. To his relief he spotted Alex above the crowd, the towering curly haired former district four inhabitant stood out above the mess of people.

      "Alex!" Finnick shouted, trying to gain the oldest Benton's attention but the man didn't notice him, too focused with searching for his little sister.

      Finally, Finnick reached the tan boy, hand reaching out for the man. "Alex!" He called out, succesfully gaining his attention.

      "Where's Erin?" Finnick immediately asked him, eyes blown wide in fear, his mind a complete mess when he didn't know where his girl was.

      "She's not with you?" Alex breathed out, eyes darting around the room in search for his younger sister. "Erin!" He called out, hoping that by some miracle the district four victor was close by. "Erin where are you?!"

      Finnick eyes darted around, until he spotted Katniss' mother standing beside a bunk bed, arms wrapped around her thin figure and worry etched on her face.

      The golden haired man quickly rushed towards the woman, his feet carrying him at a fast pace, pushing people out of his way, Alex not far behind him as the closed in on the nurse from District Twelve.

     Just before he reached her, Katniss' mum locked her gaze with his and he could clearly see the worry in her eyes, even a hint of complete fright and thay face didn't settle his nerves at all, they even made it worse.

      "Where are they?" He asked desperatly as soon as he stood in front of her, Alex right by his side.

      "T-they left to find Prim, she wasn't inside the bunker." The nurse answered quietly, her hands nervously fiddling with a loose string of her tattered shirt.

      "When did they leave?"

      "Just a minute ago." She replied, her eyes glazing over.

      "But the doors will close soon!" He grabbed the roots of his hair, dread filling him up. And the District Four victor nervously looked at Alex who mirrored his expression before he glancef back at the blastdoors, hoping, praying that Erin would soon walk through them.