xxxviii. ━━ to love in darkness

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY EIGHT ━━ to love in darkness

 fan the flamesTHIRTY EIGHT ━━ to love in darkness

and it is a warzone

zayn malik

       HER HANDS ARE SHAKING SLIGHTLY AS THE LIGHTS FLICKER above her, every bomb that hit the surface of district thirteen shook the entire room where everyone was huddled together with the ones they loved. Maybe praying, muttering silent words of comfort, while other maybe hoped that the odds were in their favor.

       Erin sat motionless on one of the cots, her hands locked together as she rested her arms on her knees. Only her eyes shift ever so often as she watched people sit with their eyes shut, towels wrapped around their shivering bodies as shell after shell is dropped above them by the Capitol.

       Soft whispers echoing around, some concerns and others about Peeta.

      Sweet Peeta, Erin thought bitterly, the boy she had gotten to know was slowly turning into a shell of his former self and she loathed it. In her time she had seen so many different tributes, but for some reason Peeta stood out to her. His approach to the games was so different and she cherished his somewhat naive ways. Everyone in the games came out hollow, and maybe with others you could build yourself up again to how you were. But the brunette had noticed that no matter what, Peeta Mellark was selfless in the best ways and he brought out a side of Katniss no one knew existed, even Katniss herself.

      And now with the boy slowly turning into a puppet, Erin can do nothing but watch as Katniss falls apart in front of her.

      Dust falls from the ceiling as anoter bomb hits the ground, screams and cries follow right after it and Erin can feel Finnick wrap his arm around her, pulling her closer to him. The two sit huddled together, Alex in the cot across from them stares at his hands, he doesn't even flinch anymore and it concerns the district four woman.

       The alarm keeps blasting, causing a constant ringing in her ears but then the next shell hits the ground and they're all engulved in darkness.

       One by one, portable lights get turned and and Erin reaches for the one by her side and turns it on. Her wide hazel eyes turn towards Finnick who returns her gaze with the same kind of concern.

      From the corner if her eye, the brunette can see Katniss sitting with her little sister and her mother. Even the ginger cat is safely tucked away in Prim's arms and for a second Katniss and Erin make eye contact. They're afraid too, but they don't want to show it. They have to be strong for the others.