iv. ━━ the enemy of my enemy

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
FOUR ━━ the enemy of my enemy

 uneven oddsFOUR ━━ the enemy of my enemy

no one is you, that's your superpower

dave grohl

IT WAS COMFORTABLY QUIET INSIDE THE ELEVATOR WHERE both Finnick and Erin stood, still wearing their costumes from the Opening Ceremony that had ended oy minutes ago. With a thoughtful sigh, Erin began to pick out the pieces of coral that had been meticulously placed in her hair.

Finnick watched her with a soft smile curling at his lips as she struggled to clean her hair out. When she couldn't find the last piece, he reached out and pulled it from her hair.

Erin looked up at him, her stony eyes now bright and happy.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"I can't wait to get out of this dress and get some sleep. God knows we won't get much once training starts." Erin groaned.

Upon entering the training center the next morning, Erin quickly scanned the room. Johanna was fiercely lobbing axes at dummies, Brutus was throwing spears, and Cashmere and Gloss were grouped together, throwing knives and laughing at each other. A grin crept onto Erin's face when she saw a variety of katana swords propped up against a sheet of metal. Without a second thought, she began to make her way over.

The smooth handle felt cool and familiar in her hands as she twisted the sword around, trying to get the perfect position while she also got a feel for the weapon itself. Erin carefully widened her stance and swung the sword clean through a dummy's head without hesitation. The head sounded out with a thump as it hit the floor.

She smirked with confidence as she noticed one of the Careers watching her. She winked mockingly at the girl before turning around and placing the katana down—now, Erin wanted to take a look around at enemies and allies.

When she began to wonder off to another station set up, Erin saw Katniss and Peeta make their way in. She smiled slightly as she watched them watch other tributes, obviously trying to pick out allies.

Erin casually fell into step with Katniss, who was walking over towards Wiress and Beetee; the two didn't acknowledge their presence.

"Well, friction generates heat, which generates fire and it—"

"You should shift your hands down more." Erin gently corrected with a warm smile.