xxxiv. ━━ a white rose

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY FOUR ━━ a white rose

I know my place, we're all just pieces in their games

pieces in their games

birdy

      ERIN SAT ALONE IN THE CAFETERIA, HER HANDS intertwined on her lap as she stared at the screen displaying Peeta Mellark in a typical fancy suit made in the Capitol. And like a puppet, the Mellark boy was displayed to all the districts and all the people inhabitating the places. The brunette looked at the small screen with hatred burning in her veins as the boy was showed like some priced possesion, like a subtle 'we won' spoken by president Snow himself. Even though no one knew for sure what was happening inside the walls of wherever there friends and allies were held, they knew it was not pleasant. It was torture for those stranded within the Capitol, in Snow's clutches. But even when the white haired man couldn't see them, couldn't touch them, he could hurt them all the same. And he did that in the form of Peeta Mellark, the boy just a pawn in the big game they were playing. They were all pawns in this game of life and death.

     Only it wasn't the Peeta she had known over the last year, the sweet and caring boy was just a shell of his former self, quaking in his seat, a tight grip on his armrests. His eyes lost their spark, only a hollow stare was gazing back at the camera as he talked with a strain in his voice, like every word that came out of his mouth hurt. His clothes hung limply at his thin figure and in his hand he held one simple white rose, absendmindly twirling it between his fingers in a nervous manmer. It was another subtle jab at them, the white rose was like a signature of the evil man they faced in this war. A sign of poison, a clever object to show them it was no longer Peeta Mellark the baker's son of district twelve, but a boy manipulated and poisoned by Snow. the sight alone made her stomach turn and her head spin.

     The sound of the elevator coming down brought Erin to momentarily look over her shoulder to see Gale and Katnnis entering the hall, solemn looks on their faces too when they realised it was Peeta's voice cuting the tense air inside the room. The cling of metal echoing through the room as the elevator doors opened and the two ex-district twelve residents stepped out.

     "She was arguably our favorite tribute and I think that what we all find most astonishing-" Ceaser's voice engulved the room in an eerie silence again as Erin heard Gale and Katniss coming closer to her.

     "-is that this girl was adored in the Capitol. And I think for you Peeta, it must be particulary painful."

     "Wish I could give this rose to you Katniss." Peeta's voice was void of emotion, his words a mere whisper as Katniss dropped her bag on a nearby table, her eyes not once leaving the screen as she looked at Peeta, sadness flickering in her dark orbs before she quickly took a seat beside Erin.