xxvii. ━━ the face of war

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
TWENTY SEVEN ━━ the face of war

what matters most is how well we walk through the fire

well we walk through the fire

charles bukowski

     ERIN GRIMACED AS AS SHE WATCHED KATNISS deliver the same scripted line again, raising a stick in the air that was supposed to be a flag while in reality they were just in a room filled with technolagy to male everything seem real, well everything but Katniss speech.

     Erin bit her lip as Katniss voice cracked and she let out a sigh of defeat as she rested her head against the cold metal war she was sotting against.

     She sighed as she glanced at Effie, who tried to give Katniss an assuring smile, but she too couldn't help but grimaced at her bad acting skills that didn't really make the clip anymore realistic.

     It sounded like she was reading this from a piece of paper.

     The brunette watched as Katniss faltered again, dropping her arm to her side with an loud groan as her eyes showed annoyance and a small glimmer of defeat.

     "And that's how a revolution dies." The sound of Haymitch's voice followed by clapping gained eveyone's attention as the man came forwad from the shadows. "Hello, Katniss," Haymitch solemnly greeted the girl.

     Katniss only stared at him in disbelief, like her eyes were deceiving her.

      "Is this how you greet an old friend?" The man attempted to light to mood with a joke.

      "Maybe I don't recognize you sober," Katniss countered as her eyes drifted towards Erin who was sitting on the ground, trying not to push her body limits to far.

     Katniss left the platform she was standing on and approached her former mentor.

     Haymitch sighed. "I guess it looks as bad as it feels." 

       They all returned to the command room where Katniss' propaganda video was replayed, this time with the special effects and Erin knitted her eyebrows together as she watched it with distate.

       It lookee pretty bad was the only thing coming to mind.

     Eventually after a few awkward moments of silence, Haymitch spoke up.  "Uh, Madam President, indulge me for a moment, if you would." He made his way towards the screen where the horrid video had been playing only seconds ago.