xlviii. ━━ in remembrance

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FORTY EIGHT ━━ in remembrance

 from the ashesFORTY EIGHT ━━ in remembrance

and yet to every bad, there is a worse

thomas hardy

     ERIN HAD REMAINED SILENT AFTER THE HORRENDOUS BROADCAST OF CAESER FLICKERMAN AND THE RECORDING OF THE DEATH OF THE TWINS. EVEN DURING PEETA'S SPEECH WHERE HE SO CASUALLY offered a simple (—not in her eyes) solution; kill me. Silence was all the brunette had to offer right now. now words she could fanthom saying after witnessing such brutal killing—killing like in the arena. All that was left was assassinating one another, hoping that maybe they would be the sole victor of these twisted games. afterall Snow made sure that this war, this god forsaken slaughter remained just that. A twisted game he still is in control of. With hidden traps and life broadcasting the chaos.

     The familiar anthem of the Capitol suddenly echoud throughout the luxurious living room, gaining everyone's attention once more as holographic photographs appeared on the screen, accomponied by the sound of a cannon, just how they would when someone died in the arena in the official Hunger Games.

     A game still, is all Erin could bitterly think as she watched their sqaudron appear one by one until her very own innocent looking face appeared on the screen. Still wide eyed, still innocent, the last picture of her days before the horrors of the games had consumed her.

     Erin Benton— district four.

    She no longer was that girl, district four was nothing more than a place she used to know, and if she's honest, that girl in the picture, she doesn't know anymore either.

    For a second even the evening air remained completely silent, as everyone held their breath when the clips was finished. But it seemed not over yet when another familiar face replaced theirs.

    "So, Katniss Everdeen, a poor unstable girl with nothing but a small talent with a bow and arrow is dead." President Snow spoke evenly, a sinister glint in his eyes as he adressed whomever was listening. "Not a thinker, not a leader. Simply a face plucked from the masses." He continued his monologue.

    Erin bit the inside of her cheek, million of thoughts running through her head as her gaze turned to focus on Katniss, the girl blankly staring at the television screen.

     "Was she valuable?" Snow asked rhetorically, "She was exremely valuable to your rebellion because you have now vision, no true leader among you. you call yourselves an alliance but we saw what that means. Your soldiers are at each others throats--"