xxi. ━━ forgotten times

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
TWENTY ONE ━━ forgotten times

beside me always a kingdom of spirit, inside me a haunted house

of spirit, inside me a haunted house

segovia amil

     HER HEAD FELT HEAVY AND THROBBING-LIKE sensation soared through her skull like thousand of needles puncturing her skin. She was a desolated mess, sitting with her back against the stark white wall. Her knees clutched close to he chest while her shaking hands were tangled in her hair like it would make the pain magically disappear.

     Her breathing became heavier as she tried so hard to remember what happened. Everytime her mind drew blank and the only thing inside her brain was that of her own voices screaming inside her head, bouncing of inside the walls of her mind.

     She couldn't breath like a rope was tied around her neck, panic seeping through her body like a venomous poison and her heart beated rapidly against her chest.

     The door across to room slammed open with such force that it banged against the wall and her eyes shot up towards the unknown man ranning inside the room followed by a doctor.

     Her eyes were wide and fearful as she clawed at her throat, wishing for oxygen that never came. Red scratch marks decorated her skin as her nails dug deeper in the soft flesh.

     Her hands trembled as the black haired man grabbed her hands, holding her hands tightly in his. Her eyes settled in his. A deep and warm brown that seemed to calm her down as she stared in them.

     Something was familiar about the man, but she didn't know what and her heart felt heavy as she looked at him. Tears were forming in her eyes and the man gently guided her closer to him pulling her against his chest in a tight embrace.

     "It's okay." He whispered soothingly. "I'm here."

     Her body shook as she grabbed ahold of his shirt, her knuckles turning white from the strong grip she had.

     Slowly but surely she calmed down and her breathing returned to normal and it didn't take long for her eyelits to close and fall back asleep.

     Alex looked down at his little sister, broken and lost. The fire that once residented in her eyes had dissapeared and her bright spirit was crushed.

     Carefully he lay the brunette back down and pulled the duvet over her body. His own eyes had welled up with tears as he pushed a strand of hair out of her face.

     A soft knock on the door caught his attention and he turned around to see Finnick standing in the doorway, a somber look on his face as she stared at Erin.

     "How is she?" He asked stepping in the room, carefully not to make too much noise in fear of waking the girl up.

      "As good as she can be without any memories." Alex sighed.

     "What did the doctors say?"

     "Post-traumetic amnesia." Alex informed the blonde as he focused back on his sister.

       "So she lost her memories forever?" Finnick question, his voice cracked as he looked at Alex.

      "They said it was a mild trauma, but because she'd been in the arena to long before a doctor could help it caused more damage."Alex stated grabbing Erin's hand. "He said having longer periods of amnesia or consciousness after an injury may be an indication that recovery from remaining concussion symptoms will take much longer."

     "But she can get her memory back." Finnick said hopefully.

      "She can but we don't know how long it's gonna take."

     "Start with something easy." The doctor said while Erin's sat in her bed, her arms wrapped around herself as a form of comfort.

     "Start with what you know, what we told you."

     Erin nodded her hair falling in front of her eyes. "My name is Erin Benton. Victor of the 68th Hunger Games. I escaped the arena and- and" Erin stopped herself, her mind drawing blank. A small sob escaped her mouth as she tried to dig deeper to remember anything else.

      "It's okay." The doctor reassured her. "You're doing great. Small steps at the time."

     Erin nodded as he camed herself down. "I-I have brother named Alex and my mother died on a fishing boat my father he- I can't remember." She growled shutting her eyes close. "Why can't I remember." She shouted frustrated.

     "You'r father died of an illness, dear. When you were sixteen years old."

     Erin nodded, glancing up to look at the doctor. "Do you think I'll get my memories back." She asked.

     The doctor gave her a kind smile, but it didn't quite reach her eyes as she spoke. "Of course dear."

     Erin sighed as she layed back down when the doctor left the room. She closed her eyes hoping to sleep, but the silence around her was so loud and she couldn't explain why.

     Her hands had a firm grib on the bedsheets and she forced her eyes to stay shut. The beeping sound of the heart monitor was like someone was screamimg right beside her ears.

     She tried to drown the sound out, but all she got in retrurn was the darkness surrounding her behind closed eyelits.

     She felt trapped and scared, like she was beneath the water, desperately gasping for air, but only water filled her lungs.

      It felt so real, like it really happened and it frightened her. Because she didn't no what was real and what was fake.

     It was a blurred mess inside her head and she felt like drowing as vicious imagines flashed across her closed eyelits. Not knowing what was real and what was not.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬