xvii. ━━ forever

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
SEVENTEEN ━━ forever

she should have seen the way he was looking at her; like she was the ocean he was desperate to drown

was looking at her; like she was the
ocean he was desperate to drown

unknown

ERIN LISTENED CAREFULLY AS BEETEE EXPLAINED his plan to them. It was amazing how this one man had so much knowledge like his brain was his own well stored libary.

Where do the Careers feel safest? The jungle?" Beetee questioned, fixing his glasses and pushing them up on the bridge of his nose as he looked at all the tributes individually to make sure everyone was listening.

"The jungle's a nightmare." Johanna answered him.

Erin felt Finnick's hand slide into her own and she gave his hand a assuring squeeze as she listen closely to what Beetee tried to tell them.

"Probably here on the beach," Peeta said, who sat across from Katniss with his machete.

"Then why are they not here?" Beetee asked, trying to get an answer out of them

"Because we are, we claimed it," Erin spoke up, pairs of eyes drifting over to her.

"And if we left, they would come." Beetee spoke like a he wanted them to figure out what he was talking abou.

"Or stay hidden in the tree line," Finnick said from beside her.

"Which in just over four hours will be soaked with water from the ten o'clock wave." Beetee concluded, dismissing Finnick idea. "And what happens at midnight?" He turned to look at Katniss who had yet to say something.

      "Lightning strikes that tree," Katniss was staring at Beetee with calculated eyes, like staring at him would give away all the answers she needed. Like all mysteries would be solved.

"Here's what I propose," Beetee started. "We leave the beach at dusk, we head to the lightning tree. That should draw them back to the beach. Prior to midnight, we then run this wire from the tree to the water. Anyone in the water, or on the damp sand, will be electrocuted." Beetee grabbed a handful of sand before letting it slip through his fingers.

"How do we know the wire's not gonna burn up?" Johanna asked, raising an eyebrow at him not fully conviced by Beetee's master plan.