vi. ━━ the art of pretending

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act one. uneven odds
SIX ━━ the art of pretending

 uneven odds SIX ━━ the art of pretending

don't lose your fire

unknown

     ERIN FOUND HERSELF SHOWERED, WAXED, AND OILED thanks to the assistance of her prep team to prepare her to see her designer, Gailia, the next day in order to compose herself for the final interview before the Games. Gailia and her prep team were extremely excited, and they chattered on about the honor of doing her hair and makeup for the last time, which left a bittersweet taste in Erin's mouth.

     She was either surrounded by tears or happy smiles from her team; she wasn't sure which was worse.

     Erin waited patiently for Gailia to return with her dress. Her hair had been styled into beach waves and her makeup had been perfected. All that was needed was the dress.

     Gailia rejoined the group with a beautiful white dress. Erin closed her eyes and smiled softly.

     "I thought you might like it." Gailia said.

     Erin nodded at her. "It's beautiful."

     Gailia gave her a sad smile before helping the tribute into the dress; she sighed as she adjusted little details.

     Erin looked in the mirror behind her—she was, quite honestly, astounded at Gailia's creation. The dress looked amazing. She loved everything, from the simplicity of the color to the tiny detail of the pearls sewed onto the collar.

     Gailia finished the look with a simple seashell bracelet and a coral headband. Erin felt proud to have lived in District 4.

     The dress cascaded down to her knees likes rolling waves; it may have been slightly over-the-top with district representation, but Erin felt as if remained refined.

     "You look ravishing!" Gailia smiled, proud with her creation as she placed Erin's hair over to right.

     Erin placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Thanks to you." She looked at the rest of her prep team. "Thanks to all of you."

     At that, all of the girls burst into tears, weeping for Erin's success or for the Games to be canceled all together.

     A low, teasing whistle came from Johanna as Erin walked inside the waiting room. She blushed, doing a little spin before rushing to her friend.