xxiii. ━━ scripted misery

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
TWENTY THREE ━━ scripted misery

 fan the flamesTWENTY THREE ━━ scripted misery

we're all broken that's
how the light gets in

ernest hemingway

ERIN WATCHED THE SCREEN UNSURE ON WHAT TO think of it. The Peeta sitting there was nothing like everyone had told her about, his carefree spirit and hopeful eyes were dull and lifeless and replaced by some robotic puppet.

The emotionless boy from District 12 that was sitting across from Caesar didn't look too bad, but he also looked too good, like he'd been treated as some sort of king, tricking the people of Panem into thinking the Capitol ment no harm to them.

But even with her weak memory, she knew the only thing that the Capitol left was destructing, burning everything to the ground and leaving the ashes for the other's to remind them they lost and burned in the flames.

Everything always ended up in flames

"Peeta," Caesar began, "a lot of people feel as though they're in the dark."

Peeta nodded his head, "Yeah, yeah. I know how they feel." There was an edge to his normal soft and sweet voice.

"Now, so set the stage for us. Talk us through what really happened on that final and controversial night." Ceaser leaned a bit forward like Peeta was going to tell a secret that no one was supposed to know.

"Well, first off, you have to- you have to understand that when you're in the Games, you only get one wish. It's very costly." Peeta began.

Erin bit hef lip as she glanced at her brother who was intensely staring at the screen, a fire burning behind his chocolate brown eyes. His gaze so heated that Erin would have thought the screen would be set on fire any moment.

"It costs your life," Caesar voiced his thoughts in a monotone voice, like he was reading from a script.

"I think it costs more than your life," Peeta disagreed, his back straight as he looked at the lavender haired man.

Caesar furrowed his brows in confusion. "How do you mean? What's more than your life?"  

"I mean to- to murder innocent people."