xli. ━━ a gut feeling

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FORTY ONE ━━ a gut feeling

 from the ashesFORTY ONE ━━ a gut feeling

half a woman, half a warrior.
delicate and strong

r.h. sin

    THE ODDS ARE NEVER IN YOUR FAVOR— IT IS THE SAD TRUTH everyone has come to known from the Capitol despite their pretty lies and golden cages, because a cage is still just that— a cage.

     And standing beside Katniss, looking through a window and she sees reality. Peeta looked healthy on the television with Caesar, he sounded like he wasn't tortured or anything, but in reality, it was much worse.

    Brainwashed, hijacked whatever you wanted to call it, Peeta wasn't Peeta anymore, just a shell of his former self while the real Peeta was caged somewhere in the darkest and deepest corners of his mind.

    "Let her in." A buzzed sounded, breaking through the tense silence and a door to the right opens up.

    Little Prim, who isn't as little anymore as when she was reaped almost two years ago stepped inside, blonde hair in a neatly done braid that reminded Erin of Katniss.

    And speaking of the raven haired woman, Erin can feel her tense up besides her, and the brunette gently grabs a hold of her hand to try and sooth some nerves.

     It's like everyone—including Prim, is holding their breath as the young blonde approached Peeta's bed, almost no emtion is written on the boy's face as he looked up.

     "Hey..." Prim let's the words fall from her lips in a breathless whisper, afraid to bring the volume of her voice up even a little bit.

    "Prim." Peeta sounds slighy surprised as he turned his head to look at the girl who sits down at the edge of his bed.

     "How are you doing?"

     "She's too close." Haymitch turns towards Plutarch in concern, and from the corner of her eye, Erin noticed Katniss unwavering gaze, filled with worry and sorrow. It breaks her heart a little to see the strong woman be so shaken.

     Plutarch shakes his head, sparing the blonde man a feelting glance before looking back at the glass, "it's okay."

    "—we live in district thirteen now. It's a real place. The stories are true." Prim explains softly, a kind and innocent look in her eyes— one Erin hopes will never fade. "You were rescued."

    "My family hasn't come to see me?" He shakes his head a little in denial and there falls a silence over the room. "District twelve has been attacked." He comes to the realisation.