xxiv. ━━ the great unknown

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
TWENTY FOUR ━━ the great unknown

there is only one god and his name is death and there is only one thing we say to death; not today

his name is death and there is
only one thing we say to death;
not today

syrio forel

     EVERYTHING WAS A BLUR OF COLORS AS ERIN TRIED to adjust her eyes to the sudden brightness.

     Her breathing was labored as she scanned her surroundings, her mind racing with possibilities on where she could be.

    The trees were high and the scent of pine lingered in the air and nothing seemed out of place but the fact that it was quiet.

    Too quiet.

      Erin blinked a few times, hoping, no praying that whatever was happening at the moment was just a dream.

     She could feel her heart thumping loudly against her ribcage like a monster banging to get out of its cage. It was then that realisation hit her as he eyes fell upon the katana in her right hand.

     She finally understood where she was and it was not a place she wanted to see ever again.

     She'd seen bits and pieces,  flashes of a life she didn't remember but now she was reliving the most horrifying moments of her young life.

     The ones that destroyed her innocence. The ones that haunted her dreams. The ones that formed her into the woman she was today.

     The 68th Hunger Games.

     That horrible feeling of being trapped sent a shiver down her spine as she casted her gaze towards a small stream furthed down the hill.

     She remembered it, she'd seen flashes of it as she tried to sleep and now she would remember the importance of it.

     Erin felt her breath hitch in her throat as her eyes settled on the young girl crouched down by river, her honey colored hair a mess, her hands tremblings, but her eyes however showed terror as their eyes met.

      The girl backed up as she held up a small knife for protection, tears welling up in her eyes and slowly but surely Erin had lowered her own weapon.