xiii. ━━ forgotten dreams

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act one. uneven odds
THIRTEEN ━━ forgotten dreams

 uneven oddsTHIRTEEN ━━ forgotten dreams

and suddenly everything has changed

taylor swift

'Flashback'

     THE SUN BEAMED DOWN ON THE TANNED SKIN OF A small girl who wore a smile just as bright as the yellow orb in the sky, she bounced around the beach. The combination of the warm sand and the soft breeze gave away the fact that district four was yet again enduring another heat wave.

     Her brown hair bounced on her shoulders as she excitedly waved at numerous people around her without a care in the world. Her eyes twinkled happily as she spotted the boy with the blonde hair and the ocean eyes.

     She giggled before taking off in a sprint, jumping on the boys back, who yelped at the sudden weight on his back.

     Both children fell forward into the sand. Erin groaned, trying to wip the sand of her face while the boy beside her was spitting sand out of his mouth.

     The two made eye contact and it was silent for a moment as they both stared at one another and after a second both bursted out in fits of laughter.

     Erin shook her head slightly looking at the fourteen year old boy with a huge smile before she stood back up and held her hand out for him to take, wingling her fingers.

     Finnick grinned before grabbing her hand and hauling himself up. And the moment he was back on his feet the twelve year old girl pulled him along with her towards the docks.

     Picking up his pace to match her quick steps, Finnick walked beside her swinging their hands back and forward.

     Walking over the wooden planks towards the edge, Erin watched as the waves gently crashed against the rocks and various boats were scattered across the ocean. She carefully sat down, swinging her legs back and forward, the smell of salt filled her nose as she stared at the horizon.

     She glanced at Finnick for a second before she patted the empty spot beside her.

     Finnick grinned, sitting down beside his best friend.

     The two silently sat side by side, staring at ocean and the orange glow ahead as the sun started to disappear beneath the horizon. The only thing that gave away that they weren't alone was the fact that their shoulders brushed against each other every so often.