xii. ━━ almost lover

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
TWELVE ━━ almost lover

 uneven oddsTWELVE ━━ almost lover

fire finds a home in me

unknown

IT WAS LIKE  A SWITCHED HAD FLIPPED INSIDE HER, watching the Morphling girl sacrifice herself for Peeta brought bad memories back to her. It was foolish of her to believe that she never needed to be that same person again as the one she was in her first games. And now as she watched a hovercraft take her lifless body while they just helplessly watched was her breaking point.

Erin was no longer the same girl she was only a couple months ago. She was just another broken suvivor trying to stay alive in a world you shouldn't want to live in.

She quietly sat in front of the water, just staring at nothing. She hadn't said a word to anyone and she kept to herself. Her once bright eyes were now dull, lost of its fire.

She still was aware of Finnick who was catching fish with his trident and Katniss an Peeta who whispered among one another. The gently breeze and the smell of salt water still managed to ease her nerves but she was beyond repair now. Her old persona scattered around the arena like pieces of glass. The games had again succeed in stripping her from who she was.

The sun was breaking through the horizion and Erin hadn't moved an inch. She tilted her head to the side when she caught side of Finnick sitting down next to her, a raw fish in his hand. She stared at him for a moment before slowly taking the dead fish from his hands.

Finnick was about to speak when screames erupted from another part of the rain forest and before he could protest Erin was already back on her feet, katana in hand.

Erin approached both Peeta and Katniss and they all watched as across the arena a gigantic wave crashed through the forest line, taking everthing with it. One single cannon went of and slowly everything turned back to normal.

"Someone's here." Katniss suddenly said grabbing an arrow.

Erin's eyes widened and she firmly gripped her katana, following Katniss gaze. They all took cover behind the plants. Erin tilted her head as she saw two figures standing on the beach.

When Erin realised who it was, she stepped out of her hiding place and plopped down on the ground, startling the other three tributes.

It seemed that Finnick too, realised who it was. "Johanna." He said before jogging towards them. "Johanna!"

"Finnick!" Johanna shouted back embracing him.