xlii. ━━ hello to forever

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FORTY TWO ━━ hello to forever

there are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds

on the body that are deeper and more
hurtful than anything that bleeds

laurell k. hamilton

THE HOSPITAL WING SEEMED TO BE GLOOMY AND LIVELESS WHEN ERIN ENTERED THE ROOM with Finnick just waiting for her outside the door. Katniss was surrounded by multiple people and the brunette caught a glimpse of the large bruise forming on her skin. It was an ugly and dark purple blemish— even growing more towards black if she was honest. She could clearly see the place where the bullet would have entered if it wasn't for her bulletproof outfit.

When she blinked, the bandages were secruly wrapped around her waist, hiding all the damage.

"We showed him footage of your speech in two. He had real memories revealed."

"That still doesn't mean i'm going in there." Katniss frowned, eyes trained on the man ahead of her.

"He's strapped down." Haymitch tried to convince her. "He, he can't hurt you."

"No." Katniss' decision was final. "This is different, I really don't want to Haymitch."

"It doesn't matter what you want, it's for Peeta." But Haymitch wasn't easily dettered by her cold words before his tone turned soft, "you should try."

With that, the former blonde victor left the room with the doctors on his heels and as he passed Erin who was still silently staying out of sight he gave her a look she could easily decipher.

With a deep breath, the woman rolled er shoulders back, trying to release some of the build up tention before she stepped in Katniss' view.

"Hey Katniss..." erin breathed out softly and the woman looked up from where she was staring at her folded hands. She looked completly exhausted, that big spark in her eyes just a tad bit more dimmer than usual. "I heard you've gotten a new battle wound."

Katniss just blinked, a faraway look in her eyes as she muttered, "it's nothing really."

"You were shot at, it doesn't have to be an physical wound you know." Erin stated as she sat down on the edge of her hospital bed. "And to be frank with you, emotional wound stick a lot longer with us than broken bones."