xlix. ━━ darkness ahead

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FORTY NINE ━━ darkness ahead

you don't know how important a moment is, until it is over

moment is, until it is over

unknown

     COMBAT BOOTS MEET THE HARD CONCRETE WITH A LOUD TWHACK THAT ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE DARK HALLWAY, a horrendous smell flooding her senses that makes her grimace— in a way it smelled like the makeshift hospital in district eight they visited. Erin's face remains passive after that, lips pulled in a thin line and slowly her gaze flickers towards Pollux, who looked absolutely dreadful as he led the group , clearly the Avox had some pretty bad memories tied to the place that were currently resurfacing.

     "He worked sanitation down here, right after he became a Avox," Castor eleborated after a beat of silence and gained everyone's attention. A frown pulled on Erin's face as the man continued to trek towards his brother.

    Pollux was shaking on his feet, pulling nervousl at the collar of his dark jacket, a nervous breath escaping past his parted lips as he tried to breath in more air and the little bit of color that was left on his face before was now completely non-existent.

    "Hey, hey." Castor places a hand on his brother's shoulder, and Erin watched the man visibly relax under his touch, his soft sniffles quieting down. "You gonna be okay?" he asked, leaning down slightly to look his brother in the eye. "Look at me, look at me. We're gonna get through this. I promise."

    Pollux nodded, taking one last look at his brother before motioning the others to start following him. Erin was the first to start moving, pushing herself away from the wall she and Finnick were leaning against and walked passed Castor and Katniss who were still quietly talking and stopped a couple steps ahead of them, observing Pollux with sympathy.

     "Took us five years to buy his way outta here. He didn't see the sun once."

    Erin couldn't see Katniss' face, but she knew the girl was faltering at the words, probably going over it in her head once again before finally grasping the concept of what Castor was saying.

    Erin tensed for a second, when she felt a hand on her back, before relaxing into Finnick's familiar touch as she leaned back into him. "You good?" He lowered his head to whisper in her ear, concern laced in his voice.

    "Yeah." She nodded, turning her head slightly to send the blonde an reassuring smile. "I love you." She says after a second, a certain feeling of fear taking over now that they are closing in on Snow, and the rebellion becomes more real and dangerous by the second.