Chapter 2: The beast

"Wake up, Sloth!" Jungkook shouted as he opened the windows of my room. I lazily sat up from my bed "When will you learn how to knock?" I asked stretching my arms.

"I did but you won't answer. Knowing you, you probably heard me but your lazy ass won't just leave the bed," he sassed back.

This casual talk was not a new thing even though Jungkook is our butler. He's my childhood friend and I've been with him since we're little kids but Dad appointed him as our butler when he turned 18. He's 20 right now and just a year older than me. Jungkook might seem cheerful but he has sadness beneath those cheeky smiles.

He was an orphan that my dad accidentally bump on the street with his car. He found out that Jungkook has nowhere to go so he decided to take him home. That's when my mom was still here, we lived together happily until the incident happened and things changed. I was really sad but thank God Jungkook stayed with me like a brother.

"Yah, Quit spacing out and fix yourself," he ordered poking my forehead. "Fine but kookie I'm hungry," I whined.

"Breakfast will be ready in a minute." He replied walking out my room. "Yay! Good thing it was you who came with me here," I cheered.

It was lunchtime when I decided to go for a walk. "Yah! where are you going?" Jungkook asked. "There's nothing to do here, I'll just take a look outside," I replied walking to the door."Don't worry, the maids will arrive later. I'll set up the wifi later but don't expect a fine signal here," he said looking at his phone.

"You're the best! kookie" I gave him a wide smile and left the house. "Now where to go," I mumbled to myself as I started walking to the forest.Seriously, there's nothing in here but trees, not even a single neighbor . Does my dad really hate me this much I feel like I'm living in an island. I sighed as I continue to walk.

"Well at least there are beautiful flowers around," I mumbled to myself as I remember my mom. She really like flowers and plants a lot. I remember her watering the plants often in the backyard.

As I reminisce the past, I suddenly heard a hiss sound. "Oh my God, don't tell me it's a sna-- AHHHHH! I screamed in fear when I saw a snake hanging by a tree.It must have felt my presence as it looked at my direction and started moving. "Shit" I cursed out and started running when something bumped on me that made me fell on the ground.

"Ouch that hurts!" I groaned in pain. It happened so fast that I tried so hard to recall what did I bumped into. It's not a tree but more of a body figure that was moving too fast. I stood up slowly and looked back to see the snake was gone from the tree but instead I saw a body figure on the same spot.

Wait, What? Was that it that I bumped into? How come-- before I could finish my thoughts. The figure turned around revealing a half naked man with plants all over his body and is extremely dirty. I was scared and shock that I wanted to run but my legs won't move. I stood there looking at the mysterious man as he jumped from the tree and walk towards me.

I couldn't utter a single word as I study his looks. He has a long messy hair, muscled arms, dirt all over his body and his eyes, it looked so vicious like it was ready to kill.

It gave me a feeling of a wild beast.

He walked closer and now we're standing face to face. My body was numb I couldn't run from the fear I'm feeling. He grab my hair slowly and I closed my eyes scared of what might happen to myself. If I know this would happen, I should have stayed home and would rather bore myself to death than be eaten by a beast.

I felt a sniffing sensation as I open my eyes a little to see what was happening. He was sniffing my hair and it looked like he was examining every inch of it. He then grab my hand and did the same thing.

From a distance I heard Jungkook's voice calling me out. It startled the mysterious man for a second and then ran away, an animal instinct I guess. Once he's gone I fell down on my knees trying to contemplate what just happened. Jungkook found me and rush to my side asking what happened. "I'll tell you later. Just please take me home," I begged weakly. Jungkook nod and carried me on his back. I noticed his concerned face as he rushed to take me home.

Little did they know, a body figure was following them from behind the trees.

A couple of minutes, we finally arrived home as Jungkook gently put me on the couch and he quickly look for the first aid kit in the cabinet.

"Tell me where it hurts," he said as I showed him the wounds I got on my knees and arms. He then quickly cleaned it and applied some ointment before putting band aids on it.

"Seriously, Aera I was so worried when I saw you on your knees in the middle of the forest. Why did you even go that far!" He scolded. "I'm sorry kookie. I was spacing out again I didn't notice I was getting farther, " I explained looking down.

Jungkook sighed and sat beside me. "Just please make sure you won't do this again or you'll kill me with a heart attack," he worriedly said. "Yes sir! But hey if that happens, Dad will come here to look for me right?" I asked without thinking. Jungkook smacked my head, " Idiot! Don't you ever do that!" He shouted.

"Yah, I was kidding!" I assured him as I touched my head. "Seriously, your dad will kill me if something happens to you." He replied. I chuckled as I notice some maids walking around. "Oh so they have arrived." "Yeah and I already set up the wifi that's why I was looking for you." He explained.

"Really? Let me just get my phone. You're really the best kookie! I cheered and hugged him."I'll soon prepare dinner. Go take a bath, you stink." He covered his nose teasing me. I glared at him and run upstairs but I stopped midway. "What?" Jungkook wondered, I turned around to look at him.

"I was just thinking, Is Tarzan perhaps real?"