Chapter 13: Welcome back to the city

I walked downstairs holding my luggage as Jungkook went to get it. "I'll handle this. Are you sure you packed all your stuffs?" He asked as we walk to the parking lot. "Yeah I've recheck it since last night." I replied getting in the car.

"You sure are excited to go back to the city huh." Jungkook commented. "Says the one who woke up so early to prepare the car." I teased. "Well I needed to check the car first you know."Jungkook denied. "Fine, Mr. Let's just go." I said laughing. "Okay!" Jungkook replied as he start the car's engine. "How about the maids?" I asked as I looked at the side-view mirror seeing the maids wave goodbye.

"They will follow us a week after. They still need to do some things in here. Also, I already called the care taker so no worries." He replied as he started driving.

I looked at the window seeing the familiar scenery of the countryside as I spot the forest. "I wish we could go back here with Jimin." I muttered. "I hope so." Jungkook responded. I sighed as I put my earphones on when it suddenly beeped showing a message notification.

From: My future husband

Morning stubborn! Have a safe trip with Jungkook and see you later. :* ;))

I rolled my eyes as I ignored the text message and continue to play the music.

After  four hours of travel, we finally arrived at the familiar city. Jungkook recieved a text from my dad saying we should go straight to the company. "What? I'm tired can he just let us rest." I complained making Jungkook shrug.

"Welcome back Ms. Aera, The boss is at his office and would like to meet you." Dad's assistant said welcoming me. I nodded as I follow him to my dad's office with Jungkook beside me. Dad's assistant knock on the door "Sir, your daughter Aera and his butler has arrived." He stated.

"Come in." Dad replied as we entered his office. We sat down on the couch facing him.

"Welcome back, you two. Your summer break finally ends, so you'll have to continue your studies. Aera, I hope this time you won't be ending up in any detentions. Please consider our family name." He said sipping his tea. 

"Also, You'll be transferring to Taehyung's school in Seoul starting this semester. I already worked on the files. You'll just have to pack your stuff and move in there." He stated as if it's nothing big. "Dad, how many times do I need to tell you to stop deciding things without telling me first. I'm so tired of this, did you even consider of what I'll feel?" I replied clenching my fists.

"Aera, as long as you're under my guide you can't disobey me." He sternly said.

"I had enough of this!" I said running out of his office crying. I heard Jungkook calling me but I ignored it and continue to run away.  I bumped into Taehyung on my way out. I've tried to ignore him but he held my hand tight looking at me worriedly. "Aera? What happened?" He said touching my cheek.

"Let me go." I said faintly. "No. Tell me why are you crying?" He asked persistently.

"Please just let me go." I cried. Taehyung felt hurt seeing me in this state, I could see it in his eyes. He took my hand and we ran to the parking lot.  "Get in." He said as he started the car engine. I quickly get in wanting to get away from my dad as soon as possible.

In the car, I kept on crying feeling sad with my father's orders. He never consider my feelings, I miss mom. When will dad ever think of me. "I wanna go home." I mumbled as I sob. "okay tell me the address." He replied as I told him my address.

A couple of minutes I saw our front gates opened and Taehyung parked inside. "Thank you." I said getting off the car. "Wait, I'll stay with you." He said holding my hand.

We entered the mansion and the maids greeted us. I quickly run to my room upstairs with taehyung following me behind. I lie on my bed still sobbing. "So you have this hobby of running to your room when things get tough." He said  as he closed the door. "I'm not in the mood, Taehyung." I replied not looking at him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you but crying here all day won't do anything good." He said sitting beside me.

"At least, I can't see my father here." I replied that made Taehyung sigh. "Would you believe me? if I tell you I feel the same way." He asked. "What do you mean?" I sat up and looked at him. 

"We're both sole heirs to our own companies. Of course I'd feel the same way. Not having options, always need to follow dad's rules without considering how I feel. And now we're engage for their own benefits." He explained.

I looked down, he's right we're just the same. I didn't know he had this side of him. Maybe we could get along, I thought as I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Aera, open up a little and start accepting me, please." He said with pleading eyes. I could feel the sincerity in his words. Maybe I could trust Taehyung after all we're engaged. But suddenly, a smiling Jimin flashed in my mind.

What about Jimin? Wait, Why Jimin? Why am I thinking about him at this moment. 

"Ugh!" I touched my temples feeling flustered.

"Aera?" Taehyung called out. "I'm sorry Tae, Please give me some time to think." I replied as we heard a knock on the door. "Aera?" Jungkook called  knocking at the door. I quickly stood up and went to open the door. "Aera!" He exclaimed hugging me. "I was worried, it's good to see you safe and oh-- Taehyung why are you here?" Jungkook asked as he notice Taehyung.

Taehyung sat up from the bed "I drive her home. Now that you're here, I'll be leaving now." He said walking out. "Wait! Mr. Seokjin said you and Aera will have a dinner together with your fathers later." Jungkook announced.

Taehyung looked at me "Do you wanna go?""It's not like we have any options right." I replied looking down.

"I see, I'll fetch you later. Bye" He said waving his hand.