Chapter 27: The Promise

(Warning: A little smut ahead. teehee~)

I get in the car with Jungkook and we quickly drive to a nearby shop where Jimin is. We decided to meet up at a casual place to avoid any suspection. Jungkook then drive us to a campsite in the woods, the place was new to me but knowing Jungkook I'm sure this place is great.

"You can stay here for a week, I'll cover you up and update you about your dad" Jungkook said as we set up our tent. "Okay thanks, what about you?" I asked. "I'll be back in the city, I better watch your dad's actions so I can tell you" he replied as I nodded. 

"Jimin, please take care of Aera" Jungkook said walking to Jimin. "I will, don't worry. And thank you for giving us this opportunity" Jimin replied as they brofist. "I'll be leaving now, you two enjoy" Jungkook waved as he get in the car and drive away.

"Wow Jimin, you did great setting up our tent" I commented looking at our now finished tent. "You helped me out that's why" he replied touching the back of his neck. "But I barely touched anything" I chuckled. Jimin laughed feeling a little embarrass from what he said.

The day went well with Jimin and I randomly playing around the camping grounds. We watched the sunset together as he created a bonfire. "Thanks, now I'm not feeling cold anymore" I smiled. "Fire is a must in order to survive the cold night, you know" he mumbled as he arranged the pile of woods. "Did you often do that back in the countryside's forest?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah, unlike the animals around me they have thicker skin and they have fur so the cold didn't really bother them. The heat from the fire was my only companion" he explained. I felt a little sad imagining the scenario in my head where Jimin was all alone in the forest with no one to interact with but animals and wild beasts. I walked to him and hug him from behind.

"You sure suffered a lot. I'm glad I was punished to live in the countryside and end up meeting you" I smiled as my grip tightens over him. "Yeah, I still remember how we first met. I was actually scared seeing an unfamiliar creature and to realize it was the same species like me" he smiled. "And do you still remember how you saved me from that snake on the tree?" I asked as Jimin nodded.

We stayed like this a little longer enjoying the heat from our bodies. " Human's body warmth is better than animals" he chuckled  looking up at me. I chuckled at how cute Jimin was acting. We spent the night together cuddling to relieve the cold temperature outside. I can't help myself from mentally thanking Jungkook for suggesting this and helping us out.

The following days was the same routine, waking up in the morning and the first thing to see was Jimin's sleeping face. He sets up the fire while I prepare the ingredients from the cooler we brought, he helped me out in cooking and we peacefully ate our breakfast. We played around the camping site and even swam a little in the riverside. 

We looked like a a newly wed couple enjoying our honeymoon. God knows how much I want to live like this, to see Jimin every morning when I wake up, to cook breakfast together with him, to fool around the rest of the day and to fall asleep at night as I cuddle with him. But I knew this wouldn't last long because I was engaged to another guy and it's not Jimin.

I woke up in the middle of the night, I slowly sat up to see Jimin sleeping soundly. I quickly grab my phone to take a picture. As I saved the photo, my eyes widened to see Jungkook's three missed calls. I went out of the tent to call him, it wasn't even a minute when he answered the call, 

"Aera! I've been calling you what happened?" he asked. "I'm sorry I was asleep, is there something wrong?" I asked back. "Yes and it's urgent. I couldn't reason out anymore and your dad found out you're gone. But he hasn't found out that you're with Jimin, I'm sorry Aera I know it has only been three days but you need to go back now" he apologized over the phone.