Chapter 28: Wedding day

The least thing I wanted to come finally happened, today's the day of my wedding with Kim Taehyung. Jimin is probably on his way to the airport now and I'm here standing in the window wearing the wedding gown my dad picked for me. The preparations for the wedding were mostly prepared by our parents and Taehyung rarely came to the rehearsals for the ceremony.

It wasn't suppose to be like this, right Mom? A Wedding day should be a happy one but all I could feel was sadness inside me knowing Jimin's going away and I'll be getting married with another guy.

"It's time, Aera" Jungkook said entering the room. "I don't wanna get married" I muttered not looking at him. "I know, me neither. I don't want you marrying a guy you don't love but we don't have a choice" he replied with sadness in his voice.

I turned around to face him. "You look beautiful with that wedding gown and I'm sure Jimin would be dying to take over Taehyung's place right now" he said walking towards me.

"But he can't and that's not gonna happen" I frowned. "Aera" Jungkook called out grabbing my shoulders. "As much as I want to take you right now to the airport, we both know I can't. Let's not waste your beautiful dress and go" Jungkook suggested as I look down. I heard a click of a camera as I look up to see Jungkook taking a photo of me in his phone.

"I'm gonna send this to Jimin so he'd jump out of the plane and rush to you" he chuckled as I flash a little smile. "Oops!" Jungkook clicked the camera and took another photo. "Now that's better" he said showing me the picture he took. 

"Will I be able to smile again after all of these?" I muttered nearly crying. Jungkook quickly came to me and hugged me. Feeling the warmth of his brotherly love towards me. "I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything for you and Jimin" he mumbled softly tapping my back. "No kookie, You've done so much for us. Especially the camping plans" I said shaking my head as we break the hug. "It was the best moment of my life" I smiled as a tear fell down from my left eye.

(Taehyung's POV)

I was with my mom in the car on our way to the church. "Mom, do I really have to get married?" I asked not glancing at her. "You're asking me that now?" Mom replied in a mad tone. "Don't you like Seokjin's daughter Aera? You should be happy we're doing you a great favor" she added.

"But that was before, I do like Aera no-- actually I love her but I realized I can't force myself to her. She loves someone else, mom" I replied finally looking at my  mom. "Then that's not our problem anymore, she was engaged to you for a reason. The companies will be merged and you will take over since Aera still need experience and some things to learn" he replied in a monotone.

It has always been like this, they will be deciding things for me and I need to do that whether I like it or not. I'm so sick of this, why can't she just admit that he just want me to get married so I'll become the ceo and give her a lot of money. She doesn't really care about my happiness, it was just a coincidence that I'll be getting married to the girl I love but if it was another girl she'd still force me. 

If only Aera could just love me back then it wouldn't be this hard for the both of us.

"Why don't you just admit it mom, you knew dad didn't really loved you. Because like us, you were only engaged for the sake of the company that's why you've forced me to do things I didn't like and to be the perfect heir for dad so I can ascend to his position and give you the money you always wanted--

"SHUT UP TAEHYUNG" mom shouted but I ignored her and continued. "I WON'T STOP. I'M NOT AN IDIOT MOM, I KNOW IT ALL. THAT YOU'RE JUST USING ME ALL THIS TIME SO YOU COULD GET YOUR SHARE IN THE COMPANY BECAUSE DAD WON'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH ATTENTION CAUSE HE DOESN'T REALLY LOVE YOU. YOU'RE ALL AFTER THE MONEY--

My mouth was shut by a painful slap my mom gave me. I don't care, it was worth it. I've been keeping these feelings for a long time.

We finally arrived at the church as mom get off the car but muttered some words before she went inside the church to greet the guests with her fake smile. "How dare you talk to me like that, you're my son for pete's sake respect me. And don't you dare do anything to ruin this wedding, Your dad will punish you and so do I" she said with gritted teeth. 

I stayed in the car calming myself. "Respect you? hah! Did you ever respect me in return" I muttered chuckling. I should have started rebelling before, I might have saved myself from this heartache. I looked to the window to see the bride's car arriving. It parked right in front of the doors of the church waiting for the start of ceremony. I quickly went out of the car to see my beautiful bride Aera,

My almost wife

I decided to fix this myself. I do love you Aera and I won't let our parents take your happiness away even if it means you won't be mine. It hurts me a lot but I still prefer the smile you make when you're with my half brother, Jimin.

(End of Taehyung's POV)

(Aera's POV)

After those reminiscing and crying moments a while ago, I finally decided to get in the car and let Jungkook drive me to the church. I'm standing right in front of the doors waiting for the signal but before I could step in and meet the guests, I heard someone called my name.

"Aera!" Taehyung called out. I was surprised to see him outside when he's supposed to be inside waiting for me at the aisle. "Tae! What are you doing here?" I asked still a little surprise. He ran to me and eyed my from head to toe, 

"You look like a goddess but unfortunately this goddess in front of me is not mine and won't ever be mine" he said with a faint smile on his lips.

"What are you saying? We don't have anything to do to break this out" I said as he grabbed my hands. "I'm doing us a favor, I'm here to save you and myself from a sad and painful marriage life so go. Go to Jimin now, he might still be in the airport" he said as my eyes widen in surprise.

Am I hearing things right? He's calling off the wedding? "I-I" I stuttered as Taehyung kissed my hand and pushed me back to the car. "I've been such a bastard and forced you to something you didn't like, I'm sorry. But from now on I'll correct the things I've done. So go Aera, meet Jimin before it's too late" he said as he signaled Jungkook to start driving. The door suddenly opened and revealed our parents running to us with anger in their face.

"Jungkook GO! I'll take care of everything" Taehyung shouted as Jungkook started the engine and drive away. I looked back to them and saw Taehyung blocking the doors. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" Seokjin shouted. 

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING" Taehyung's mom shouted in anger as he tried to smack Tae but he dodge it. "ENOUGH ALL OF YOU!" Taehyung screamed. "I had enough of hurting people, please just stop this and leave us alone" he pleaded. I didn't witnessed what happened next because some guards started chasing after us but Jungkook found an alternative route to the airport and we succeed losing the cars after us.

I get off the car wearing my wedding dress and to run to the lobby. "Excuse me! is flight *** still here?" I asked panting. The person in the information booth seemed to look at me with surprise in her face but managed to reply, "I'm sorry mam but flight ** has departed an hour ago" she said killing all the hope in my body.

Ah, I knew it. It was suppose to be like this. I never knew I get to experience those cliche moments in movies and dramas wherein the heroine tries to run after the love of her life wearing her wedding dress. But unlike those cliche stories, they get to see the love of their lives even just a glimpse before they collapse on the floor crying as they watch the guy wave his hand and leave. Some were lucky to even get a final kiss but in my case,

I was too late.