Chapter 29: '봄날 (Spring Day)'

(I highly advise you all to play the video above or play BTS "Spring day" from your playlist. It's the perfect song for this chapter :)) Enjoy) 

5 years later

I sat by the window seat sipping my Caramel Macchiato in a nearby Starbucks from our company watching the people and cars passing by. To think of it, this has become my hobby for quite a while. After work, I would find myself sitting here staring out the window looking at those hundred of faces wishing that one familiar face would appear but until now it doesn't.

"It just won't" I mumbled as my phone vibrated on the table. 

I grabbed it to see Taehyung's new message. It has been 5 years and even after all that happened, Taehyung and I remained in touch with each others lives. He had send me a picture of their farm in another country and another picture of him feeding horses that made me smile.

"This guy just never change" I muttered as I stood up grabbing my bag and walked out of the cafe. I did not brought my car since it's just a walking distance from the company so I continued to walk thinking of a reply to Taehyung.

In these five years, a lot of things has changed. Taehyung and his mom went to another country and stayed there for good. Namjoon followed Jimin abroad and stayed with him. Jungkook got engaged with his girlfriend and as for me and dad, I could say that we have become really close. A lot closer than before, we started fixing our relationship after the wedding incident. When I went back to our house that night he just hugged me and apologized realizing all his mistakes. I just hugged him back and thank Mom from heaven that my dad was finally treating me like a daughter for he has become considerate and doesn't force me with things anymore. 

I have become the new ceo of dad's company and became a successful woman.  Dad helped me with the company. "Aera" Dad called out as I entered the building. "Dad" I greeted kissing his cheek. "I was looking for you in your office but you weren't there, have you been in the cafe again?" he asked and I just nodded. "I was right, honey don't drink too much coffee okay? too much caffeine is bad for the health" he lectured me. "Says the one who drinks coffee every now and then" I teased as we laughed.

"Okay okay my lecture backfired but I guess you can't take coffee away from adults" he replied. "I hope you're not forgetting I'm an adult as well" I responded. "Silly, of course not but you're still young and I want you to enjoy life" He pats my head with worry on his face. I knew dad has always been worried at me ever since Jimin left. I had suitors but I turned them all down, I got invited in parties and clubs from my friends but I choose to stay at home, I decided to work more hours in the company hoping to forget him but I just can't.

"Oh by the way dad, I decided to go back to the countryside for my vacation. I'll be out for a week" I said shifting the topic. "Sure honey, Have fun okay" he said smiling at me. I just gave him a hug and went home. I packed my things for my one weak leave, it took me some time to pack my stuff since Jungkook wasn't around. He's been really busy for his wedding. I realized that I haven't replied to Taehyung yet so I grabbed my phone and took a picture of my suitcase with a caption Going back to the countryside for a vacation!

The day after, I went back to the countryside for my one week vacation and as I drive, I opened the windows to smell the fresh air "Never knew that I'll be liking the place I had always hated before" I mumbled as I parked in front of the familiar mansion. "The caretaker did a good job maintaining the place" I muttered entering the house.

I roam around the place as the memories came flashing back in my mind. I went to my room upstairs and it's still exactly the same as I could remember. It was lunch time when I decided to arrange my clothes in the closet and take a quick bath. I went to each rooms to find a blow dryer and when I went in Jungkook's former room, I saw Jimin's clothes inside the closet.