Chapter 17: Graduation

I woke up earlier today since it's the day I've been waiting for. I quickly went in the bathroom. And after a quick refreshing bath, I opened my closet to get the dress I bought just few days ago. It was a blue A-line skirt dress that matches with my bestfriend Luna.

As I was busy curling my hair, my phone beep signaling there's a message. I put the curling iron down and walk to my bedside table to check who messaged me.

Honestly, I was anticipating Taehyung because we haven't talk since that night he drive me home. I messaged and called him couple of times but it seems like he's ignoring me. And to my disappointment, it was my bestfriend  Luna who texted me.

From: Luna <3

Heey, done getting ready?

See ya in a bit :* 

P.S. Congratulations to us! 

I quickly replied, congratulating her as well. I smiled as I put my phone back to the bedside table and resume curling my hair. 

"Aera?" Jungkook called out knocking on my door. "Come in. I'll be ready in a sec." I replied as I apply a little make up. "The car's ready. Have you called your dad?" Jungkook asked as he entered my room."Yeah, he said he'll be coming after his meeting with Mr. Namjoon." I said as I finally finished preparing myself.

"With the other Kim's? It might be about your arranged marriage with Taehyung." Jungkook guessed. "Let's not think about that okay. And hopefully, I could change their minds." I stated as I turn around to face Jungkook. "How do I look?" I asked. "Looking good as ever." He replied giving me a thumbs up. I smiled as I went to my table to get my purse. "Let's go." I said leaving the room as Jungkook followed me.

He unlock the car and we went in, shortly he started driving to my university.

"Will Taehyung come?" Jungkook asked looking at the road. "I don't know." I replied shrugging.

"It's okay, Everything will be fine." Jungkook assured me. "I hope so" I replied looking at my phone with no new messages. I sighed.

"Aera! Here!" Luna called out as I get off from the car.  "So excited, aren't you? We're still in the parking lot you know." I said nudging her. "Then let's go in!" Luna replied dragging me to the entrance. "No wait, I need to wait for kookie." I said trying to get out of her grip. "Fine, but make sure you follow me quickly okay?" She said pouting. "You're such a kid Luna, yeah I'll come in once I see Jungkook." I chuckled to her actions."Okay then, see ya inside!" She said walking to the entrance.

I opened my purse to get my phone and text Jungkook to come meet me quickly. As I press the send button someone tap my shoulder. I turn around to see Jungkook. "Oh, there you are." I said as we walk to the entrance. "Sorry, It took some time to find the parking." He explained. "It's okay." I assured him.

We were finally gathered inside the hall and I'm sitting beside Luna who wouldn't stop taking selfies here and there.

"Hey, smile!" She said raising her phone up for some good angle. I just give in and started making poses. "Where's your boyfriend Taehyung? I haven't seen him." She asked out of blue. "Oh Taehyung, he's not my boyfriend silly. He's busy in the company but we'll celebrate later." I lied. "I see and hey look  isn't that your dad?" She said pointing at the back. I quickly turn around to see Dad entering the hall with his secretary.

"You really have great eyes, Luna." I said smiling. "You're welcome" she said as she nudge me.

After a couple of minutes the ceremony started and it lasted for about 3 hours. I bid my farewell to Luna and some friends I made. Because from now on we'll be on our own separate ways. "Luna, I just wanna say thank you for befriending me on the first day. I was really  happy you talked to me and stuff." I shyly said as I hugged her. "Oh come on Aera, Let's not start a drama here okay? " she teased hugging me back.

"You'll be going to States after this right? You better take care of yourself and update me, you get that?" I told her with little tears on my eyes. "Fine, I know you'll miss me a lot." she teased. "As if, Luna." we laughed. "Till we meet again, Aera." She said smiling. "Yeah till we meet again." I smiled back.

After my friends left, Jungkook came to me with dad beside him. "Congratulations my dear daughter." Seokjin said hugging me. "Thanks dad." I smiled. Jungkook then handed me a bouquet.  "Congratulations!" he cheered. "Thanks kookie" I replied as we took pictures.

"Now let's go celebrate, I've reserved a table in my favorite restaurant here in Seoul." Dad said as we walked to the parking lot. We spend the joyful night together with Jungkook. These are the times I'm missing mom but I'm still thankful I have these two. "Oh by the way Aera, tomorrow morning we'll be going back to Daegu." He said as he excused himself to the comfort room.  I just nodded in response.

I checked my phone for some messages but sadly there was none. I looked at my contacts and click Taehyung's number but he wasn't answering. "I guess, he's still mad from last night." Jungkook said drinking his wine. "Yeah It seems like it." I replied looking at my phone. "But hey, we can finally visit Jimin tomorrow." He said trying to cheer me up.

"You're right. We're finally going back to Daegu," I cheered.